Battery health

Reaction score
After 16 flights, by battery health is at 98%. I have fully charged the battery 8 times. Does not fully charging the battery hurt the battery more then charging it fully before flights?

Lipo batteries are different than other batteries. They don't set up a memory and the only thing they don't like is sitting at 100 percent for long times nor do they ever want to be fully discharged to 0 percent. They don't mind being topped off right before flight. They do need to rest for 30 minutes to cool,down after use befor recharging again. Store at 40-50 percent. These few items will keep her going for a while. But just like other batteries you never really know when they will act up. I've had some last for 100+ cycles and other for only 25. The only wearing I received is the battery dropped really fast from 65 % down to 20 to 8% in a matter of a few seconds. Everything checked out ok and looked good but it would start being erratic and dropping the charge. Had to replace it. All ou can do is keep a close eye on their behavior and treat em with kindness.

An inverse to the question... could not fully charging the batteries promote longer life? In other words, charge to 95% instead of 100%? I wonder ...?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik