Battery Health Monitor

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have 2 batteries. Today before taking off, noticed that one has a way lower voltages than the other one.
I understand that this battery is couple of months older then this one.
But is it normal?
Anything i should consider for future?
When will be the time to dump this battery?

db35e6be907b58f081083e99ef68b7e4.jpg

9b7f1099e18642ccd12acde495a099f7.jpg

One day should not drop that much voltage, At 3.7 volts you are at the storage level, if you are using a charger with a storage option check to see if it was in that setting.

Reactions: t2adze
The capacity is not too bad but the cell voltage is very low, internal resistance of the battery may be from over heating too often or over discharge, not charging to 50% when storing. I would try discharging the battery to about 10%, then let cool and charge to 100% and see if you have the same readings. You can upload a flight using that battery to healthy drones and you will get more data on the batteries health. If you decide to fly the battery til 10% (critical) don't push it and stay close to the ground in your yard. I would try this first and see what readings you get with a new full charge.

The capacity is not too bad but the cell voltage is very low, internal resistance of the battery may be from over heating too often or over discharge, not charging to 50% when storing. I would try discharging the battery to about 10%, then let cool and charge to 100% and see if you have the same readings. You can upload a flight using that battery to healthy drones and you will get more data on the batteries health. If you decide to fly the battery til 10% (critical) don't push it and stay close to the ground in your yard. I would try this first and see what readings you get with a new full charge.
Hey! Thanks a lot. It did help. Ran my battery down till critical level. Then landed, and waited until props would stop.
So after couple of hours recharged it and now everything is back to normal.
See attached screenshot.

But now i have another question. DJI used to have in the manual that it was recommenses discharging to lowest level of a battery once every 20 charges. After a while they removed it and people on the forums also used to say its not necessary anymore.

Does this case show us that it Still Is necessary to do that?

5088db65939427b86c0ee2570b0c34e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Erised
Good show t2, your battery is back to normal. I saw that too about you don't have to full cycle the batteries now but you sure proved in your case that it doe's make a difference. Somehow your battery had just whent to 50% charge, cycling may just reset how the battery controls the charge. I any case i'm glad it worked out for you.:)

Good show t2, your battery is back to normal. I saw that too about you don't have to full cycle the batteries now but you sure proved in your case that it doe's make a difference. Somehow your battery had just whent to 50% charge, cycling may just reset how the battery controls the charge. I any case i'm glad it worked out for you.:)
Yep. That experience changed my opinion. Ill open a new topic to share this with ppl!
Thx 2 u!

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

If your battery isn't at 100% after a charge turn the battery on first, then plug in the charger.. This will always charge your battery to 100% every time ... It works for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj