Battery gone dead on Range Extender

Not sure if there is a replacement battery for the RE500. A replacement RE500 UNIT is $99.00

UNOFFICIALLY...You can replace the RE500 with the Vision Plus RE700 Range Extender. There is a Thread that claims it will improve your video range significantly. http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20513&hilit=RE700+range+extender
They sell for $129.00

AFAIK, there is no replacement battery for the range extender. Perhaps an aftermarket alternative would work.
I use a RAV Power 14,000 mAH power pack to keep my RE at 100% charge while in operation.

I changed mine out with a RE700 and really like it. I haven't tested how much distance it goes but have gone to where the RE500 would have started to fail and return back again with it regain contact with video. Haven't tested yet to see how much distance I would get for a difference, however, the RE700 has battery indication on the screen where the RE500 does not show battery strength. I never knew how much battery was used during flights and now I know and battery draw if very, very low it appears now that I have signal meter on my iPad.

if you dint want to get a new extender that battery is a pretty generic part. That could be swapped for any other one thats the right voltage and physical size to fit in it. I believe its even marked and has the volts and mah printed on the back side of the battery pack.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20