Battery Flight Time

Reaction score
On the DJI website, they state that flight times can last up to 25 minutes. I realize that it will vary with distance and altitude changes, but I only get about 12 mintues, on average. And that's flying very conservatively and close by. Is that normal, or should I be getting more time on each battery?

You should be getting 20 mins. 25 min flight time is based on it it just hovering there without flying but even the most aggressive flying gets me 18 mins

Hi Guys - I have the same issue with flight times - I'm only getting about 12mins on average, and that's flying line of sight and quite conservatively. I have two batteries and both give me the same time. Now I have to mention that my 12mins flying time is up to the low battery warning buzzer set at about 30%. I guess you could argue that the 30% remaining on the battery life would bring the time up to 18mins, but really, are we meant to be flying that close to the wire just to get a decent flight time...?

I changed my two battery warning levels to the lowest setting ... unless you are flying at extreme distances, you will not have a problem. I too get 20-25 mins out of my batteries (I have 3).

I'd agree that's probably all it is.
With your phone doing that klaxon thing it feels you must come back but there's a good 5 minutes safe flying left after that first warning until you need to come down quick.
Looking at recorded video I'm usually between 15 and 20 minutes with still some battery left, and there is that setting up period at the start to consider.

Aha didnt think you were landing at 30%, when I hit 30% I start flying back to myself but will continue to fly around close to myself until I get to 18-20%

I went 20 minutes the other day and landed with 14% left in battery. I was flying pretty aggressively for most of the time. I reset my battery warning to 20%. I have noticed that the Phantom struggles to maintain altitude once the battery reaches about 10-12%, and definitely begins to descend with full power around 8%.

your mileage may vary....

Its recommended not to fly under 20% to preserve the life of the battery and to drain it to 8% only once in every to recharges

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Its recommended not to fly under 20% to preserve the life of the battery and to drain it to 8% only once in every to recharges

... but I can' t find that in the manual. Do you know where it states that?

doug86 said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:

... but I can' t find that in the manual. Do you know where it states that?

Page 14, section 2.5 "Correct Battery Usage Notes" point #2 talks about the 8% discharge.

--tim

I noticed when I upgraded to the Plus my flying time was reduced quite a bit. Even while just hovering with no wind it was reduced to like 12-15 minutes. My Vision used to go around 21. My brother is getting around the same flight time as me now and he has the Phantom FC40 with lots of LED lights added.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr