Battery firmware???

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a quick question. I have an old p3 battery that was updated to my old p3p (firmware 1.8.60). I have a new p3p with an older firmware 1.4.1+ , will this cause a problem assuming that I don't want to upgrade the new drone?

AFAIK, it won't cause problems. If it does, the software will just require you to update and refuse to fly on that battery. I upgraded to 1.9.60 and then downgraded to 1.8.80 but the batteries won't downgrade. So I'm flying on 1.8.80 with 1.9.60 battery FW with no problems. I think the battery FW is exclusive to just the battery and it doesn't "interact" with the AC FW. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Mike

AFAIK, it won't cause problems. If it does, the software will just require you to update and refuse to fly on that battery. I upgraded to 1.9.60 and then downgraded to 1.8.80 but the batteries won't downgrade. So I'm flying on 1.8.80 with 1.9.60 battery FW with no problems. I think the battery FW is exclusive to just the battery and it doesn't "interact" with the AC FW. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Mike
It sounds reasonable, thanks for the response. Any other opinions?

You can use your updated battery on your new P3P. As for your Phantom, DJI GO will prompt you to install the firmware update. You can certainly ignore that prompt though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues