Battery Firmware Wont Update on P3P *Resolved*

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have one battery that I started getting a firmware alert on. I've downloaded the bin file on my Mac, and put it on a freshly formatted micro SD. Put it in the gimbal and booted up but nothing happens. I've tried this on 2 different SD cards and made multiple attempts but it doesn't seem to be reading the bin file. Doesn't create a log file or anything.

I didn't have any issues updating controller or phantom firmware when I first got it. But I just can't seem to get this battery updated.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Any ideas guys? Anyone else had this issue?

Any ideas guys? Anyone else had this issue?

I've had the same problem, Start up your bird as normal with a working battery, Then after everything is normal (Safe to fly mode, and camera view on tablet ) then just turn off the bird pull out the battery and you can keep the remote on, the screen will of course turn black, then put in the battery that you are having trouble with and turn it on - be patient it should kick in and startup within a minute. and it will pop right up on the tablet ready to fly. (As long as the trouble battery is not damaged)

Thanks for the input. I tried that but still no dice.

What a bummer! Wonder if that means my battery is bad. It still holds a charge and works just fine. I really don't want to have to send it back and wait for another one.

Any other ideas?

I also notice I'm getting a "weak RC signal" error when using this battery. Doesn't happen with the upgraded battery. Really hoping someone has some ideas.

Did you check to see if all your cells on the battery are good?

Cells look ok
b1187162fc8d15aa3d35a2045b5c524d.jpg

But I keep getting this
a140138fa2affe799440dee2ea846881.jpg

I'd love any ideas you guys have for this battery

Like I mentioned Start up your bird on a battery that you know is good, Then turn off the bird and pull the battery then again stick this battery in and start up and let the firmware install onto this battery, The whole time just keep your remote on. - and you do have an SD card with the current firmware on the bird Correct? Gotta go I'll check this thread later.

Well, I resolved this by downloading the file with my wife's Windows laptop and extracting to the card. Something was happening to the bin file when using my Mac. No idea. Didn't have this issue with the original update for the bird. Just for this battery.

But stoked it's fixed now!

Thanks for taking he time to give your input!

RIGHT ON!!! It's always a firmware deal! But I would have thought that originally it would have generated a text file that would have said success or failure?

RIGHT ON!!! It's always a firmware deal! But I would have thought that originally it would have generated a text file that would have said success or failure?

You'd think! But when using my Mac to download and transfer the file, the phantom would act like there was nothing on it at all. No loading sequence of lights or sound. No text file, nothing.

Felt awesome to hear the beeps! [emoji4]

Thanks again for taking the time to share your input. Much appreciated.

Yeah I have a Mac and had some wierdness when trying to update the remote. I tried an "adaptor", thumbdrive, and even plugging the remote to the bird. None worked. I finally just selected download firmware on the GO app and it worked fine... But odd that nothing else worked. I guess next time I'll try my PC desk top...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1