Battery firmware upgrade 2.6

Reaction score
I upgraded 2 of my 3 vision batterys to firmware 2.6 but one battery says its still 2.0
When I coonect to the software with the plane it shows 2.0 for the battery firmware and never gives me the option to upgrade like the other 2.I am using the latest 3.6 assistant for windows,Does any body have any ideas on why I do not get the option to upgrade? By the way the battery works great and charges fine,Thanks for the help

The battery update was silently pulled by DJI. It is currently unavailable.

dptcalvin said:
The battery update was silently pulled by DJI. It is currently unavailable.
I wonder why the battery upgrade to 2.6 was pulled ? Does anyone have any more info ? Should I downgrade to 2.0,Is there a way to downgrade ?

finally after a few weeks I get a message back from DJI with a response and he is what they say.
M. E.
M. E. (DJI Technology)
Feb 23, 13:08

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting DJI. I appreciate the clarification. If the batteries provided are not advising on a firmware update, regardless of the difference in firmware, there is no other action that you need to complete. Most likely the batteries are from two different production time frames. You only need to take action once a firmware update is provided.ok so I guess I am safe

BlackTracer said:
krsdj1 said:
ok so I guess I am safe

No offense please, but I disagree. I feel a lot safer knowing my batteries don't have some "upgrade" that is no longer available, and was pulled silently away.

+1, read about some "bricked" batteries after fail upgrade :ugeek:

Same thing happen to me I tried updating my first battery that came with my Phantom purchased March 2014 and it will not update my newer battery was able to update to 2.6. Must be older batteries are unable to update to the new battery firmware as the DJI agent stated.

Tucking your charged battery away for a long period of time caused them to swell and fail. DJI released software that caused the battery to discharge to 50% after 10 days. The idea was to save your battery. And some other communication back and forth between the quad and the battery so it could better monitor battery remaining and do calculations on RTH.

How much of that is in 2.0 and how much was in 2.6, I have no idea. For example, I don't know if 2.0 does the auto-discharge. It seems like a good feature.

DJI also released firmware 3.10 for the quad which caused issues. Suddenly there were quads falling from the sky.

How much was due to the quad update and how much due to the battery update was never released.

DJI pulled both updates. DJI didn't say what was wrong with either updates. They did ask us to downgrade the 3.10 firmware on the drone but not the 2.6 on the battery. So either it's impossible to pull a battery update or it's not necessary.

They aren't really all that forthcoming about issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31