Battery Firmware update

Reaction score
So I got a used OEM battery on eBay. It has only 9 chargers but I'm not sure if it's up to date or not. When I insert it into the quad to try to update it nothing happens, I checked on the fw results and it says update aborted because is current firmware. On the app it shows the battery serial number and the number of times it has been charged. Is there any way to check the firmware version on the battery? I just don't want to fly with it till I'm sure is updated.

Is there any way to check the firmware version on the battery?
No. The DJI GO app will tell you if it needs to be updated.

Since you had the BIN on your memory card, it would have been updated if needed when you started your Phantom. The message you saw in the log was from the firmware trying to install on your Phantom again. A message is not logged when firmware is installed on the battery.

No. The DJI GO app will tell you if it needs to be updated.

Since you had the BIN on your memory card, it would have been updated if needed when you started your Phantom. The message you saw in the log was from the firmware trying to install on your Phantom again. A message is not logged when firmware is installed on the battery.

is telling me to update even with my other already updated batteries. I Just don't want to update to the latest firmware but I don't know if the battery is up to date for my current firmware.

Is there any way to check the firmware version on the battery? I just don't want to fly with it till I'm sure is updated.
You can check the FW version of your battery and if it was or was not updated in your log_ab text file. Not all FW updates include a battery update. Put your current FW bin on the card and start it up with each battery. Read this post for more info:
P3 Firmware v1.7.0060

Reactions: JoBe
but I don't know if the battery is up to date for my current firmware.
Your batteries should be currently running the firmware from the last BIN you used or the last firmware update that included a battery update. You will always see the firmware update available message when running old firmware.

How do you get the log_ab file to pop up?
Hi sir. Sorry for the delayed reply.

Is it safe to assume that you followed the link in my last post which shows the path to the log_ab? As it says, the folders may be hidden. If they are hidden for you, you'll have to understand how to unhide them on whatever type of computer you are using.

Hi sir. Sorry for the delayed reply.

Is it safe to assume that you followed the link in my last post which shows the path to the log_ab? As it says, the folders may be hidden. If they are hidden for you, you'll have to understand how to unhide them on whatever type of computer you are using.
Thank for the reply!! Are the files in the sad card or are they in the quad and you have to connect the quad to pull out the log?

Thank for the reply!! Are the files in the sad card or are they in the quad and you have to connect the quad to pull out the log?
Hi sir. It notes in that link to look on your SD card in the path provided. Cheers!

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20