Battery firmware and other questions

Reaction score
Hi,
the new P4 I bought some days ago came with 2 batteries, one normal capacity and one high capacity.
I have done some test flights and connected the RC with various devices, ipad mini 2, Samsung S6, Samsung J5 2016. The Samsung S6 connected fine without problems but it was the one that prompted me a "Inconsistent Firmware Found" and asked me to update. It was referring to the batteries I suppose.
I did not update because I haven't upgraded the AC and RC just left it as it was out of the box.
The question is why it prompts to update, doesn't supposed the batteries that came with the P4 was matched with the AC's firmware? The other devices doesn't prompt me something*, only that an AC-RC update was available. Is there a way to check the batteries firmware?
Also the S6 was the one that locked my P4 requiring to update. I did not upgrade and by luck i found a way to unlock the bird. I closed all Internet connections (wifi, 4G) on the phone and checked again for updates within the Go4 app and it popped a message "Latest firmware" "press here to unlock". So it did unlock and flew without problems a couple of times.
Now sometimes I get the "Inconsistent Firmware Found" sometimes not.
*The last flight was with Samsung J5 and it prompted it for the first time even though I was in airplane mode.
Is there a problem if I cancel the update every time or I should proceed with it?

Is there a problem if I cancel the update every time or I should proceed with it?
You should proceed when you see that prompt. It's a good idea to always update the battery firmware.

Thanks msinger, but the first times I didn't get that message with ipad mini 2 and J5. Why suddenly with S6 it prompted this? I didn't do any upgrades to the firmware..

Yes.

Ok I did the batteries update and went well, no notifications so far.
The issue I have now is with the GO 4 app that always says update required for the RC and the AC.
If I update only the RC to 1.9.3 will it work with the old firmware 01.02.602?

If I update only the RC to 1.9.3 will it work with the old firmware 01.02.602?
Probably. I haven't tested all of the RC and aircraft firmware combinations though.

If you're going to ignore the AC update, then you can safely ignore the RC update too.

The latest android version had the following behavior , if I start the DJI app in phone's airplane mode it doesn't detect the RC version (N/A) although it works and I see in top bar "Ready to fly". If i start online it detects the RC version 1.6 and the need for update and in top bar it prompts "Update required" didn't try to take off though with this warning.
I will move to iOS as soon the ipad mini 4 I ordered arrives.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr