Battery faulty?!?

Reaction score
I was doing a job for someone for Christmas of their farms. It was a large farm so i was putting in my 3rd battery. I powered on and went through the whole start up process. Well when it connected the picture kept skipping, turning blue then would show a partial image from where I was flying 15 minutes prior. So I restarted everything. Powered my iPad off and back on still the same thing. So I put in another battery just trying anything, and what do you know it worked like a charm. I don't think it was anything to do on my part. I have plenty of flights under my belt between this drone and the p2-vp. My battery has about 15ish flights on it. The only thing I done different was I charged it with about 50% on it. It wasn't drained real low. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
"Im charging for my photo editing, not for flying"
FYI, any type of charging is illegal unless you have a 333 exemption and follow the requirements within it.

This is the P3A/P forum, so if you're flying a P2, you might want to post it there..BUT flying a half charged battery that has been allowed to discharge for an unknown period of time is seemingly A Bad Idea. I've not heard of your specific set of symptoms (they usually just crash) but I would not fly on an old, undercharged battery. Ever.

I also would not try to circumvent the 333 process like you're doing. The FAA doesn't have sense of humor that we are aware of.

Is everybody a dingle bat or what around here.buddy I'm sure you fly your drone out of site, last time I checked that's not allowed either. Thanks for stating the obvious. My work is a barter and exchanges normally. I made a video for a local water park to use on television and got a 5 year season pass with a free food pass as well. I have sold 2 videos to local news stations. That is legal. Cause they are not paying me to fly they paid me for my product. News stations are now allowed to operate drones so therefore that's where I come in. But hey thanks for the Tip. I'll make sure not to charge your mom next time ;-) (just kidding guy) I do appreciate your statement.

It clearly says I was flying this drone. --I was flying my Phantom 3 professional-- thanks though for your advice. I took propellors off and put that battery in and fired her up and ran the battery down. Charged it back full it's working like a charm now. Thanks WetDog

Last edited:
One thing I have learned on these forums is many of these guys like to make comments on everything you say but never have answers for the questions. Ie everything you do that's illegal or everything you do they see that they feel is wrong. How about someone just answer a question without all the other hoopla?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If I was planning to fly for money, I would instead tell them I would do the job for free, but I would have to charge $100.00 for computer services to burn them a CD.

Hey wetdog, if i post something in the future will you kindly not reply! Thanks

I was doing a job for someone for Christmas of their farms. It was a large farm so i was putting in my 3rd battery. I powered on and went through the whole start up process. Well when it connected the picture kept skipping, turning blue then would show a partial image from where I was flying 15 minutes prior. So I restarted everything. Powered my iPad off and back on still the same thing. So I put in another battery just trying anything, and what do you know it worked like a charm. I don't think it was anything to do on my part. I have plenty of flights under my belt between this drone and the p2-vp. My battery has about 15ish flights on it. The only thing I done different was I charged it with about 50% on it. It wasn't drained real low. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.
Check the cell balances on the app. If they're not very close, scrap the battery.

In numerous other posts on this forum, there are a lot of people having issues with 50ish % (only) charged batteries. There have been many crashes with P3s just shutting down and crashing with partially charged batteries. As a general precaution, I'd only fly with a topped off battery, or one that you have flown down from a top off in the same few minutes.

Hi guys, new to the form.
Having battery issues, showing 60-70% and yet it gives me the low battery warning. I land, reboot everything and am able to fly again for a few minutes, then same thing. Faulty batteries? software? firmware? any help would be appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20