battery fail P4

Reaction score
hello i have a phantom 4 battery that wont charge it just flashes 1 bar then turns off completely for about 10 seconds then repeats last details over and over??its 10 months old with little use

Reactions: AndrewCCM
thank You Mark very much for your interest and quick reply as this is my first post and felt great waking up and getting more help and input from your advice than any support over the phone and from place of purchase.from what i can understand if in hib mode shouldnt it show solid red when button depressed??and is there any sure way of checking in one step if this battery is retrievable? rather than exhust days of research and testing only to find out its not.im happy to do all thats needed and actually feel that the knowledge and understanding of the batteries is a necessary and valuable tool that i need if im going to continue this great new way of flying(as im **** scared of heights!)

Same exact thing as me. I’m so pissed off. I’ve used these batteries about 20 times over the course of 1 year and this is the second time now. First time is when I was going to Mexico and I found out the battery didn’t work and now this time I’m going to Costa Rica and I find out they don’t work. What a joke. Smart batteries that last a year. I have lipos from RC cars that are 7years old and still work fine.

I have to wonder whether you're maintaining them properly. I have batteries that are over two years old and working fine. Sure the flight doesn't last as long as when they were new, and the max mAh isn't what it used to be, but they are still fully operational and safe batteries to fly.

Let’s see, sitting in the box getting checked once a month? What else is there to do? DJI already replaced one of them after a year and acknowledged that it was a defect. Now I call them today and get 3 different answers. A 6 month warranty? Ohh ok so you expect them to last 6 months.
I have lipos batteries that have be sitting for 7 years in a lipo sack that I just went a checked. Totally fine......150$ smart battery , ya smart for them. What a joke

According to DJI, you're supposed to give them a routine deep discharge if you store them for a while...

P4 Batteries dead after long term storage

(some people will have other opinions)
FWIW, "DJI Susan" is not necessarily the official voice for DJI the company. I'm sure you know this (since you hang out there a lot), but you can find lots of posts from DJI employees on the official DJI forum that contain incorrect information and/or bad advice.

This one?

223136r6ldr60sr6rqm60s.png

I think it means you should fully charge the battery and then discharge it by using it at least once every 3 months.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Sorry to all for my lack of input,really busy with work after holidays!can someone point me in the direction in some way that is the sure thing absolute best way to maintain good battery life and also recommend the best equipment needed to do so as i just went out today and purchased 2 brand new batteries bringing total to 3 working ones...i saw what think was called a thor battery x3 charger and from memory was told it was one of the best????worst thing is dji say 1 then store from which i purchase another????its like ARGHHHH what do i do???
Thanks again to all

If you want to charge 3 packs just get the DJI charging hub. It will do a 50% storage charge also.

If you want good life from them just make sure they don’t drop too low in voltage and try not fly them down below 20%... if you can set your days to discharge as close to 1 day as practical for your flying habits.

Same thing happened with mine. Included battery flashed a bar then turned off and repeat. I had to send mine back for replacement. Thank goodness mine came with an extra battery included. While waiting 2 weeks for the replacement, I went ahead and got another spare (PowerExtra brand) and while not quite as much capacity, works well. Now I have 3 working batteries (for now)....

can someone point me in the direction in some way that is the sure thing absolute best way to maintain good battery life and also recommend the best equipment needed to do so
Do these things:
  • Don't charge your batteries unless you're going to fly (or you're trying to maintain the charge level like this).

• When done flying, charge your batteries back up to the storage level (if you're not going to use them again in the next few days) or let them auto discharge down to the storage level (if the current charge level is above that). The batteries are at the optimal level for storage when the 3rd battery light starts blinking while you're charging them.

• Store your batteries indoors (in normal room temperature).

• When not using your batteries, maintain the charge level like this.

• Power up your Phantom with each battery installed and set the "Time to Discharge" setting (see the screenshot below) to the number of days you'd like your batteries to wait before starting to auto discharge down to the storage level. You'll need to reset this setting after new firmware is installed on your batteries.

When your batteries are idle (meaning you don't press the battery button), they will start to auto discharge after that number of days has been reached. It could take a few days for them to auto discharge if fully charged. Pressing the battery button at any time during this process will cancel the auto discharge process and make your batteries wait that number of days before attempting to discharge again.
DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg

recommend the best equipment needed to do so
I like to use the DJI battery charging hub. You can find other commonly used battery chargers here.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Do these things:
  • Don't charge your batteries unless you're going to fly (or you're trying to maintain the charge level like this).

• When done flying, charge your batteries back up to the storage level (if you're not going to use them again in the next few days) or let them auto discharge down to the storage level (if the current charge level is above that). The batteries are at the optimal level for storage when the 3rd battery light starts blinking while you're charging them.

• Store your batteries indoors (in normal room temperature).

• When not using your batteries, maintain the charge level like this.

• Power up your Phantom with each battery installed and set the "Time to Discharge" setting (see the screenshot below) to the number of days you'd like your batteries to wait before starting to auto discharge down to the storage level. You'll need to reset this setting after new firmware is installed on your batteries.

When your batteries are idle (meaning you don't press the battery button), they will start to auto discharge after that number of days has been reached. It could take a few days for them to auto discharge if fully charged. Pressing the battery button at any time during this process will cancel the auto discharge process and make your batteries wait that number of days before attempting to discharge again.
View attachment 93238

I like to use the DJI battery charging hub. You can find other commonly used battery chargers here.

This should be required reading/sticky post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers