battery error after storage

Reaction score
ok after i had the crash back in october of last year i haven't messed with my phantom much since

fast forward to now i get ready to check everything over and get this message on my iPhone via the app

Battery error
current discharge warning
low discharging temp warning

it doesn't stay on the screen

i have never got this message before ad it has me a bit confused as to what it means

please tell me my battery isn't failing

btw last cycle count was at 50

proforming the deep cycle discharge as i haven't done it in awhile

Seriously no one has got this error????

its possible someone has, but you havent waited for an answer, people dont live on these boards, they do sleep, for instance looking at the stats now, im the only one on the forum.

Hang around or check back later on today.

I had a couple of errors after storage. Check your cells in the assistant and make sure they are not to far apart in their levels. Also, you can do an 8% discharge, and recharge cycle as the manual suggests ever 20 battery cycles. (i did mine at 10 cycles). Make sure your data pins (on the craft) are cleaned regularly, I use deOxit. You can find it online. Clean the pads on the battery that contact the pins as well. If the error continues, you may be able to exchange/return it thru your retailer, if its not been to long.

Good luck

The Rookie

I got it used so the dealer option is out

I am going to do the discharge cycle(I do it every 10 cycles also)

I will clean the contacts since it's not been used since October
I checked the values and they are a number apart on each cell
My cycle count on the battery is 50 (not sure if that has anything to do with it)

crash1sttime said:
its possible someone has, but you havent waited for an answer, people dont live on these boards, they do sleep, for instance looking at the stats now, im the only one on the forum.

Hang around or check back later on today.

Sorry if I sounded like I was being impatient but this is the first battery error I have got from the bird ever since I got it
Next time I will check the stats before going nuts haha

50 cycles is high if it hasn't had a 8% discharge cycle. Let us know if your errors disappear.

Also, when I fly, I try and leave my batteries at 40 to 50% discharge rates from day to day. I have 3 batteries so cutting my flights a little short to store batteries at 50%, works out ok for me, in case I don't fly again for a week or two.

Good luck.

The Rookie

Normally when I would fly I would run the battery down to 8% (I disabled the auto return to home with low battery)

Same with the discharge rate when I don't fly for long periods (I keep it at 50 only)

I am getting a vision plus with two batteries and as soon as the weather warms up I will do a hover test with the vision before I fly it again to make sure it doesn't give any battery errors

Update it (so far) hasn't gave the error again so it must have been where I had it stored since October

I just need to do a deep cycle before I fly with it again

Have same issue today for the first time with P2V+. Have five batteries, and all five are giving "Battery Error - Current Discharge Warning" while flying straight up.
When reducing left stick, the message went away again.
→ Apply full Left Stick and the message showed up again.
in DJI App, "Battery History Info" in '"Settings' shows some entries of the above mentioned warning; no explanation or solution is given; it just states there was an "Error" logged.
No idea what could be causing this in all my batteries. Had charged them properly prior to flying today, and all indicated they were full before each flight .

dspallasVI said:
Have same issue today for the first time with P2V+. Have five batteries, and all five are giving "Battery Error - Current Discharge Warning" while flying straight up.
When reducing left stick, the message went away again.
→ Apply full Left Stick and the message showed up again.
in DJI App, "Battery History Info" in '"Settings' shows some entries of the above mentioned warning; no explanation or solution is given; it just states there was an "Error" logged.
No idea what could be causing this in all my batteries. Had charged them properly prior to flying today, and all indicated they were full before each flight .

How long did have them charged?
Mine was charged for 3 months and I left it in storage when I got that message
If it's not been calibrated it likely needs it

Storing Lipo batteries full is bad for them.
That's why DJI recently implemented battery firmware that will auto discharge to 50% if unused for 10 days.

Meta4 said:
Storing Lipo batteries full is bad for them.
That's why DJI recently implemented battery firmware that will auto discharge to 50% if unused for 10 days.

Mine has a shortened life anyway due to the previous owner not taking care of it well I plan on replacing it soon anyways as I don't get the full use of it due to that(shorter flight times) then what a new battery would give

I always discharge them to 50% when storing for long periods(if more then a week of no flying is expected)

Now I plan on getting a 6000mah lime fuel pack soon to replace the aging dji pack my vision came with(my vision plus has two brand new packs)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub