Battery drains extremely quickly... ON MY PHONE

Reaction score
I've been happy with the battery life on my Phantom 3 standard remote and the battery life on the quad copter is satisfactory as well. For whatever reason the app. seems to guzzle juice on my iPhone (5S) battery. I've noticed on some videos that people have a cord connected from their remote to their phone. Is that to keep the phone charged? I had thought about purchasing a third battery but if my phone's battery drains from 100% to around 15% over the course of 2 batteries, there's no point in by a third quad battery.

If anyone has any info on this,mint would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The P3P/A connect to the device via a cable unlike the P3S which uses a wireless connection.

You will definitely see the juice get used quickly by the Go app. Be sure to turn off all the extra apps, etc. You could always get a power cell to power your phone.

Reactions: massphantomguy
I've had the same with my 5S. Turn off all other apps, switch off Bluetooth, and turn on Airplane Mode. Then turn on the phone WiFi and connect. Seems to make a difference.

The new DJI GO app 2.8.0 should be less power-hungry.

BTW, in P3P (and P3A?) also WiFi can be turned off (I guess Phantom Standard uses it to connect to the RC?). I usually fly the P3P with the mobile in, erm, airplane mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik