Battery drain

Reaction score
I have a dji phantom 2 vision + that i recently bought online. I have run through all the checks for preflight and the drone flys well. the problem i am having is i am only getting about 5 minutes (if that) of flying time on my battery. It seems to discharge a little fast until it hits 75% then the alarm sounds and it loses about 1% per second and thats not exaggerating at all. It drains this fast regardless is i am taking a video or just flying around. When I check the leds it indicates that the battery is indeed draining very quickly. I think that even if the battery was going or is bad that it would still last longer than 4 minutes. Please help me with whats going on. Im on vacation here in alaska and was looking forward to some amazing videos. Thanks for the help in advance

Faulty battery and cold outside temperatures shortens useful battery time even more.

The temp is within its operating range ( was about 50F yesterday) when the batteries are hooked to the computer program dji offers its showing that they have only been cycled 10 and 16 times ( 2 diff batteries). With the cell readins on each neither one appeared to be showing a cell that was bad as it had about the same voltage across the board.

I'm having same problem. Battery has only been cycled 6 times. The software shows that the battery is fine with 98% life. I put it in and take off and it's in the upper 90's% battery life. In less than 5 min the red lights flash, the alarm goes off and it's coming down! Everything shows a full charge and the battery lights show 3 of 4 bars but the app shows around 50% when it starts to fail. It's very rapid and drains extremely quickly. Every test shows the battery is fine. HELP!!

Best thing is to try another battery and see if the issue goes away. I had one battery that worked ok from 100% down to 65% but when it hit the 65% mark it dropped like a rock to 8% and would cause my Phantom to auto land where ever it was due to the critical battery level. Tried another battery and all was well. Put the problem battery in and tested it in the back at close range same thing. Dropped like a rock. Hooked to the assistant and said all was well but the battery only had 16 cycles and voltages good. Life showed still 100% but when in use it was bad. Had to replace it ! To bad ad it was less than 6 months old but over the warranty period.... Such is life...

Best thing is to try another battery and see if the issue goes away. I had one battery that worked ok from 100% down to 65% but when it hit the 65% mark it dropped like a rock to 8% and would cause my Phantom to auto land where ever it was due to the critical battery level. Tried another battery and all was well. Put the problem battery in and tested it in the back at close range same thing. Dropped like a rock. Hooked to the assistant and said all was well but the battery only had 16 cycles and voltages good. Life showed still 100% but when in use it was bad. Had to replace it ! To bad ad it was less than 6 months old but over the warranty period.... Such is life...
Yeah, a second battery works fine but the bad battery does just like you were saying. Guess it's a new battery.

Kind of like a car battery. Never know when they'll die. Just wish the Phantom battery lasted longer.

I found out that cell 3 is about a 1000 below the other two cells even though everything else says it's ok and has 99% life left. So bad cell is the problem. I will use that battery for administrative stuff like updates and the like. B&H photo has new ones for about $80 so it's not that bad I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues