Battery discharger no longer working

Reaction score
Hi All,

A few months ago i brought one of those battery dischargers with the bulb that plugs into the phantom 3 battery to discharge it for storage.

I've just updated to the latest firmware (1.6 i think) and the discharger no longer works - the bulb flashes once then the blue led stays lit.

Does anyone recommend these dischargers?

The only thing i can think of is that a battery firmware update has made them stop working.

Cheers, happy xmas.

Matt

Hi All,

A few months ago i brought one of those battery dischargers with the bulb that plugs into the phantom 3 battery to discharge it for storage.

I've just updated to the latest firmware (1.6 i think) and the discharger no longer works - the bulb flashes once then the blue led stays lit.

Does anyone recommend these dischargers?

The only thing i can think of is that a battery firmware update has made them stop working.

Cheers, happy xmas.

Matt
I have no opinion about the discharger but I can't for the life of me understand why you thought you needed one??

They are helpful when you need to cycle a battery.

What about the Dji app u can set it to discharge after 3days but does it really work...I have mine set at 3days I don't think it works anyone else know about this thax

It does work. It'll take a few days for the discharge process to complete. And, if you press the battery button, that 3-day period will be reset.

They are helpful when you need to cycle a battery.
True, but the original poster asked specifically about storage.

The auto-discharge on these batteries works very well, and there is absolutely no need to accelerate the discharge for storage.

To test the TELESIN discharger ... switch on battery .... plug in discharger ... plug in Mobile phone charge lead and your Mobile phone. If it starts to charge - discharger is working fine.

With lamp - if it then doesn't work - you need a new lamp.

If it doesn't - then discharger is faulty.

Also take note that if you set switch at 15V - then when it hits that - it stops working. If you set to discharge it will stop at 3.3v per cell ... TOO low on such slow discharge.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl