Battery Deviations

I had a battery like that. DJI sent me a new one. Cell voltage deviation is too high and too many

How was the new one packaged when they sent it to you ??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't think you have any real concerns. The deviations are probably a product of your flight characteristics. The fact that you have major deviations is worth watching but as I understand the data that really isn't a big problem as you don't have more than 10... In a minutes time. I had a battery that I purchased that had 60 major deviations in one flight. Needless to say after learning of the issue in HD. I really babied the battery and it still had 30 major deviations... Well that battery was returned and not used again. So I would be aware of the battery temp and especially when it is cold really monitor the voltage. Additionally, I would not launch the bird a full throttle on a cold battery.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Cell voltage should be the same across the 4 cells or very close, always

I bought a new battery from Best Buy and only have 5 flights on it. I'm getting multiple "minor deviations" in cell #1. The battery has never been ran down under 50% and the deviations have appeared since the very first flight. Should I contact DJI and get a replacement?

182fb5118d6015e60c2ea906869826e7.jpg
4ccbd56ac23db3ff2be89379ce3a432c.jpg
f16ab46ddc20301c3eee836a436b3f36.jpg
c478bf289b4feeddcd21509f3568803f.jpg
00a70bd1b8feedd169d7cce973887934.jpg

No - having minor deviations is normal. All batteries have them.

Seems like there are too many in cell 1 though. Only 5 flights on the battery. My other battery's cell deviations never exceed 5 in a cell.

I emailed DJI last night and this was their response:

"Please try fully discharge the battery and then fully charge the battery, after that , please reply to this email with the following information, so we can better assist you.
Screen shot of the battery info, from the GO app
Has the battery been involved in any rough landings or crashes?"

Only discharge it to 10% or max 8%

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That response from DJI looks like a typical form letter. I suggest you relax. Your battery is fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20