Battery deviations apparently my fault

Reaction score
I was looking at Healthydrones data on my batteries (I have 2 for the standard) and noticed I was getting quite a bit of deviation in cell 1 on one battery and a little in the other. After reading on here I thought maybe it was because I was pushing it too hard. Full throttle, etc. So I went out today and flew both nice and easy (like I probably should have been anyway) and there was very little deviation on either. Even the one that had been showing alarming deviation was within normal limits and it was a windy day. So lesson learned, back off that throttle and enjoy my flights. Ok, I'm done...thanks for listening.

Don't be afraid of your battery - just be smart. :grinning:

Flying hard with a warm fully charged battery should be fine. Healthy drones claims 70+ ms deviation might be concerning. But even then, it doesn't mean you have problems. Be gentle towards the end of your flight or when you know your battery is cold. Otherwise, enjoy your AC and fly the way you want to fly.

As many know - LiPo batterys often get replaced not because of a full failure but because run-time suffers. This is usually due to one cell increasing iR and causing rapid voltage loss in use.

The DJI battery may be smart but has a limitation that I wish to try and solve ... individual cell tracking .... being a two contact connection makes it difficult to work with the cells.

I think it a pity that DJI decided to put all the gizmos in the battery, meaning that standard Lipo's could not be used.

Nigel

@respibob,
There was a post in the past that was stated something like when the deviation warning on HD was based on the cells compared to cell #1 instead of all.
Crap, well something like that.

Anyways, load your flight to @msinger viewer, and look at them scary cells.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20