Battery Deep Discharge Question

Reaction score
I know that every 20 or so cycles (some say 10) you should discharge the battery to 8 percent. I read in one of these threads that you could just remove the props and leave the Phantom on overnight. The user's manual states "Users should discharge the battery until there is less than 8% power left or until the battery can no longer be turned on".

If you do that will it auto shut-off at 8 percent? I understand that completely discharging the battery can kill it.

2 male spade terminals and 2 x 22 ohm 10w wire wound resistors wired in parallel (as power dissipation is a tad higher than 10W) is all you need.
Just plug it in to the battery and it'll discharge through the resistors happily then turn off automatically. :mrgreen:

With the Phantom landed, you can use the right stick and exert maximum position in any direction, and the Phantom will not tip over. Also a nice way to listen to motors individually, to hear for irregularities. To get maximum speed out of a specific motor, push to the 4 corners.

This will also run the battery down faster, no need to strap it down. All will be good, as long as you do not touch the left stick! :mrgreen:

Thanks all. I am opting for strapping it down and "flying" gently. I will also try that right stick technique to listen to the motors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik