Battery dead at unboxing - Phantom 4

Reaction score
The battery shows no response at all when button is depressed. I am depressed! Put on to charger. No response still. RC is merrily charging next to currently unresponsive battery. Am I cursed? Thoughts from the wise are welcome.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

There have been more than a few complaints on the forums of Phantom batteries DOA out of the package. It happened to me too. The last battery I purchased was completely dead.

I got mine at the local Apple Store. I returned it the next day and got a replacement with no questions asked. There are no fixes. The only thing you can do is send it back to where you bought it.

stupidly bought this beautiful white piece of non-flying plastic from DJI online store so locked into their terrible service model...will never make this mistake again.

Best Buy has the P4 Battery on sale. So, I stopped in a few days ago to get a gift and figured I would also pick up an additional battery while I was there. I made it a point to verify the battery I was handed was still holding a charge prior to checking out. Turns out the battery was completely dead. Nothing. Not a single light. Held button for 5 secs..Nothing. DOA. So, I asked to try another battery...Which also turned out to be completely dead. No lights. The third battery I asked to open and try was the Black battery (not on sale) pushed button...Two solid lights! Bingo! I'll take it. Healthy P4 battery. Jmho...I feel these DOA batteries are manufactured, charged, up to 50% but then dormant for too long and going dark. The Black battery I purchased is a newer production and maintaining its charge as intended out of the factory. If you are able to do so, verify the battery prior to purchase. Ask to open and check the charge. Also, do the 5 second button hold to check the overall health of the Battery. JMHO ..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Khun Mick
All great ideas but when you're in a beachside town 3 hours from Sydney in Australia and you're relying on a company to take a large amount of money from you and deliver a functioning product you would hope that they would check it works prior to sending it.
No Best Buy, no chance to pre-test myself. Such a disheartening, and frankly disgusting experience. Hours of communication with 'customer' service' personnel later I am at this point:
So now I am left with an expensive piece of white unflyable plastic, an inconvenient range of possible dead battery retrieval pickup times, a nebulous possible date when a new battery might be shipped and the distinct impression that DJI sees me as a deluded liar who loves wasting time. Disgusting.

If you're thinking of buying directly from our online store...think again!

Unless this is the version of "FUTURE OF POSSIBLE" you had in mind...

When your product arrives at your shipping address if there is anything wrong with it (such as the battery is DOA - true story...) we normally do not trust you, our beloved customer, to tell us the truth! So we require you to go through a soul-destroying process to prove to us that our product is faulty.

When you are feeling so disheartened by our disrespectful practices that you could cry, we then make you wait for multiple days (somewhere between 5-7 working days) for us to ensure the product is not working (despite requiring you to prove your purchase in multiple ways and send us a video of the non-functioning battery prior to opening a service required support case, and the test requires less than a minute...it's dead...charge it...it's dead...it's dead.).

We do not ever think through the fact that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to be gained by the customer who has just unboxed their new drone in faking a DOA battery. All they get is hours of frustrating "communication" with disempowered support staff who cannot truly solve the problem that DJI has created and handed to their clients, free of charge!

If you're looking for a truly frustrating experience, you've come to the right place!

If you expected functioning products, swift problem solving and even a modicum of trust and respect then we suggest you look elsewhere.

DJI - The Future of Possible

I give you full permission to use this wherever you see fit...or you could write back to me and solve this problem swiftly and to my satisfaction.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj