Battery cycling question

Reaction score
I always store my P3A batteries at the proper “store” percentages using a Phantom Angel discharger.

Quite a few times, I plan to fly.., so I charge the batteries accordingly pre-flight. The morning before generally.

Then, circumstances change and I don’t fly for whatever reason. So then I discharge them to “store status.”

Would this be the same wear and tear on the batteries as if I’d have flown?

In other words, would it count as a useage cycle, of which I hear these batteries are good for around 200 cycles?

In other words, would it count as a useage cycle, of which I hear these batteries are good for around 200 cycles?

I'm no expert but I would have to guess 'yes'

Anytime any battery is charged then discharged, by whatever means, it counts as one charge cycle

The cycle counter increments when the battery’s capacity has been added. In other words 2- 50% charges equals 1 Cycle.

The angel assisted discharge will add to the discharge count the same as flying will however it pulls less current so the wear and tear as you put it will be slightly less.

Just set your auto discharge to one day and forget the angel. There is no overall advantage to be realised.

Reactions: Meta4 and N017RW

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj