Battery connector disconnected from motherboard?

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I did a search and I did not see this problem posted anywhere, but I was flying the other day and my Phantom just started flying hard left (not too fast) on me and my first instinct was to shutdown the engines: before impact. I was only about 8 feet up so it ended up smacking into my trampoline poles and then got caught up in the net.

When I went to retrieve it, I noticed that the battery door was open and the battery dangling. Everything else looks fine, but it would not power up. I will leave out the troubleshooting, but in the end, I noticed that the grey wire was dangling inside the bird.

Can I just solder that back on? I did notice that the battery door never closed very tight, but I never had the battery pop out on me.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, you can solder it right back on to the board, just be sure to check and make sure the board isn't cracked anywhere, and that the joint there is the only broken connection (check the plug, etc too)

Thanks OI!

I was a little reluctant to open the box up (first time), but it ended up going back on with a big new gob of solder. It doesn't look pretty, but heck it worked?

I can't believe how tight those battery cables are and I guess I am not surprised it detached given the strain. I saw a few comments about placing zip-ties the cables to the frame. So, I will go ahead and add that in to hopefully stop it in the future.

Thanks again!

No problem! If you're comfortable with basic soldering, most modifications/repairs to the phantom are fairly simple.

Securing the lead to the frame sounds like a good idea, and I should probably do the same to avoid what you experienced.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik