battery connector change?

Reaction score
Does anyone know or foresee a problem with changing the stock DJI battery connector? The Dji connectors looks nice and has that expensive touch but man is it heavy. I come from the RC electric car, truck and boat world where the Deans plug is the high performance standard going. I have my own lipo charger that I like to use which provides the option to storage charge your lipos which is essential when you're not using them plus they are easy to get. I would guess that the dji bullet plug male and female weights close to like an old school silver dollar or 2 where the deans plug weights about as much as a penny. Every little bit helps when it comes to carrying the extra gear that everyone wants to carry.

Today I got 25 minutes flight time outdoors in the wind 7 to 10 mph, only flying 8 to 20 feet from ground, heavy throttle, many turns and fast sprints with camera attached. I'm thinking this is pretty good as I think I've heard that 15 to 20 minutes is the usual.

Re: Issues with battery connector?

I actually prefer the XT60 connector to the Dean's . I never used the charger that comes with the Phantom, but the charging connector banana plugs go right into my Tenergy charger.

If you're watching the Phantom's figure, and we all are.... The Dean's is 4.5 grams. XT60 is 7.3 grams.

So I guess the answer is its what ever you want to use as long as its not an old school Tamyia plug. I didn't weight the original bullet connectors before the 2 pieces got thrown in the trash but it was a noticeable difference. Why is it that your prefer the XT60 connector? More finger room to pull the ends apart??? definitely not an advantage in power transfer.

Agreed, not a lot of room for finger support.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj