Battery Connections

Reaction score
Hello All. I'm a newbie to this and so far really enjoying flying the Phantom - although a couple of nasty crashes took the confidence back and at least taught me how to replace some spare parts! Although I'm a little confused over the batteries as I ordered two more spares and the connections are different.
The retailer who sold me the Phantom kindly sent me an adapter to convert the connections to fit, but the connections on the new batteries are flat and have a 'T' configuration. To me, it looks as if the adapter can be pulled off the end of the battery and replaced but I don't want to damage it.
Attached is an image of me holding the battery wire and the connectors I was sent.
Any ideas appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 772
I bought some Tenergy batteries off of Amazon along with some XT60 connectors like the Phantom uses. When they came in I just cut off the connectors that came on the battery and soldered the new XT60 connectors in their place.

IIRC, the battery should have the female connectors. Have to check when I get home.

Female XT60s on Amazon.

I spoke with the supplier today who I purchased the Phantom from and they confirmed I actually need to cut off the connector the battery comes with and solder on the new one. Does anyone have any experience of this? Is it an easy job?

Visit YouTube and check out the videos posted which cover the topic of soldering xt60 battery connections.
It looks pretty straight forward - just a case of having the correct kit, soldering iron of the correct wattage etc..

Mick J

PAULMGIBSON said:
Hello All. I'm a newbie to this and so far really enjoying flying the Phantom - although a couple of nasty crashes took the confidence back and at least taught me how to replace some spare parts! Although I'm a little confused over the batteries as I ordered two more spares and the connections are different.
The retailer who sold me the Phantom kindly sent me an adapter to convert the connections to fit, but the connections on the new batteries are flat and have a 'T' configuration. To me, it looks as if the adapter can be pulled off the end of the battery and replaced but I don't want to damage it.
Attached is an image of me holding the battery wire and the connectors I was sent.
Any ideas appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul - have you tried HeliPal.com? they sell adapters for the T-connectors...I've ordered 2 and they work great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers