Battery charging

Reaction score
Hi.

Is there a routine you should follow in regards to charging batteries?

Is it ok to charge batteries which aren't totally depleted? (ie yesterday I went out flying and it started raining when one of them was still on 60%, can I top this battery back up?)

Thanks in advance for letting me pick your knowledgeable brains... :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi.

Is there a routine you should follow in regards to charging batteries?

Is it ok to charge batteries which aren't totally depleted? (ie yesterday I went out flying and it started raining when one of them was still on 60%, can I top this battery back up?)

Thanks in advance for letting me pick your knowledgeable brains... :)

Topping up is fine. If your not going to fly for few days or so them leave the battery in a semi charged state.

Is it correct that the battery will self discharge in a specified time? Eg it's not something the user has to do?

Is it correct that the battery will self discharge in a specified time? Eg it's not something the user has to do?

Correct, but lipos dont like being fully charged for long periods of time also while discharging the battrery gets warm.

How long do they take to discharge? Mine are set at ten days before discharging..

Think most guys set them to discharge after 2 or 3 days. So if you set it for 3 days, after that it will take about 2 days to discharge to about 60%. It never fully discharges to empty (0%).

I have set mine do start discharging after 3 days.

And then it's ok to recharge them from 60% yeah?

Might set them to that as I just charge them up for free in the bands studio... :)

How long do they take to discharge? Mine are set at ten days before discharging..

That setting can be set in the app to any number of days below 10.. if yours are set at ten it will go to about 50 % in a week after the ten days expire.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1