Battery charging

Reaction score
I have this questions regarding battery.

1. If i leave battery charging overnight, when the leds turn off, battery isnt charging anymore, right? So its ok to leave it like that.

2. Manual says dont charge with a car charger in a !moving car!. Why is moving car a problem?

Charging is when most LiPo accidents occur.
I can only guess that is the caution for a moving car.

Though the intelligent interface removes much of the worry it's not wise to leave the battery unattended during or after charging.

Reactions: ScatSpeak
Charging is when most LiPo accidents occur.
I can only guess that is the caution for a moving car.

Though the intelligent interface removes much of the worry it's not wise to leave the battery unattended during or after charging.
Then the car charger i bought is pointless :( Sitting in a car being on and waiting for it to be charged, doesnt sound that attractive :(

Then the car charger i bought is pointless :( Sitting in a car being on and waiting for it to be charged, doesnt sound that attractive :(
Buy a couple more batteries and then you can keep flying on them while the other is charging in the parked car. :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There's nothing preventing you from charging it in a moving car.... DJI is protecting themselves from liability (smartly so)... it's your choice - you just need to be responsible and pay attention to proper LiPo battery handling since they are an explosive/fire hazard..

An intelligent flight battery takes less than one hour to charge to 100% capacity. So there should never be a case where you need to charge over night. The radio controller takes a bit longer to fully charge. But that's only a fraction longer than a fully drained flight battery.

Even though the charging stops after capacity is reached, it's 'all-ways' best to disconnect those batteries from the charger, and as well, also unplug your charger from the wall, while not in use...

Have fun, fly safe, happy landing.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: t2adze
I see. Thanks

One more question. 4 leds were blinking when i had to leave house so i disconnected the charge. Now connecting it again and it doesnt start charging. Like its was fully charged. Anything i should do or go flying right away?

Four blinking LEDs means the charge was between 75 and 100%. If it doesn't start charging, it's over 90%. Finish charging to 100% by turning on the battery and connecting the charger.

Four blinking LEDs means the charge was between 75 and 100%. If it doesn't start charging, it's over 90%. Finish charging to 100% by turning on the battery and connecting the charger.
It doesnt start blink like that. Thx but Please first figure out yourself before giving advice.

Anything i should do or go flying right away?
You should NOT.

You need to complete the charging.... to top-off the battery, you need to first turn it on and then connect it to the charger.... it should then resume the charging cycle

Guys it doesnt. I turn it on and plug it in and it just sits there turned on without blinking.

Probably its fully charged
Plug it into the P3 then and power up your RC and then the P3 and check what flight app shows to confirm...

It was charged to 100%, as it seems i turned it off in exact moment.

It doesnt start blink like that. Thx but Please first figure out yourself before giving advice.
Isn't this a little harsh from someone asking for help? What if he just said, "Figure it out on your own"? ****. A little humility please. We're all just trying to help.

SD

Reactions: HueJorgan
Isn't this a little harsh from someone asking for help? What if he just said, "Figure it out on your own"? ****. A little humility please. We're all just trying to help.

SD[/QUOTE
You beat me to it!! Someone just trying to help another member and for this kind of response is just plain ridiculous and unacceptable.

SD

How woode

as the loveable Jar Jar Binks once said

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic