Battery charging problem

Reaction score
Hi. Am I getting confused, or is something wrong with my batteries or charger? When I connect the P2 battery to the charger nothing happens. If I go through the procedure for switching the battery on (ie press switch then hold it to light up LEDs) it then appears to charge. I'm sure I've not had to do that before, so what has changed to mean I need to do that? Argh!!!

I'm guessing your batteries are above 80% when you tried to charge them yes?
Mine do this above 80% too.

No, they are at 60%. Do yours operate correctly after charging this way? I've lost one Phantom (a P1) thanks to dodgy batteries, don't fancy losing this one!!

This should be in the manual, if the battery is above 3 bars you have to turn it on to charge the rest of the way. A depleted battery should automatically start charging when you plug it in though. I think this has to do with the wall charger, I've noticed that it pushes quite a bit of current early in the charging cycle and reduces that towards the end, maybe a depleted battery pulls harder and turns on the wall charger whereas a nearly charged battery ~80%+ doesn't.

Just read yours are at 60% are you saying 2 bars or 3 then?

Hi. According the the IOSD Mini reading the battery is at 60%. Battery was showing 2 green bars.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj