Battery Charging (inverter)

Reaction score
Does anyone charge their P3S batteries from an inverter?

Most of my work is in remote locations, hence I have no access to mains power. The 12V P3S car charger will only charge whilst the car is running when putting 13+ volts through the system. As I moslty re-charge camera battieries etc. at night when I have finsished for the day I was hoping to use an inverter to do the job.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers G

Does anyone charge their P3S batteries from an inverter?

Most of my work is in remote locations, hence I have no access to mains power. The 12V P3S car charger will only charge whilst the car is running when putting 13+ volts through the system. As I moslty re-charge camera battieries etc. at night when I have finsished for the day I was hoping to use an inverter to do the job.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers G
No reason why you cant providing the inverter is up to the task. Pure sine wave with an honest 500w + rating (avoid chinese exaggeration) serves me well.

The cheap supposed 600w modified square wave chinese unit I had failed spectacularly on my second outing while charging a phantom 3 battery and running a macbook.

I do. I bought a 300 watt SNAN inverter from Amazon for $23. It has a quirk in that the charger ignores the inverter unless you turn the car off. With the car off, the charger cranks up and then you can start the car and it will continue. I guess the alternator ripple freaks it out at first. I did wire it with 14 gauge. I normally charge in my house. There are many who don't approve of inverters but if I need to charge on the go it works for me.

I have a Vector 400wt inverter. Only used it once for the birds battery but it worked just fine. If I remember correctly the time to charge was comparable to the DJI charger plugged into the house. I have had it for a while so if I had to buy another I would select one that also had USB outlets @5v for the RC.

Reactions: Storm
I have a Vector 400wt inverter. Only used it once for the birds battery but it worked just fine. If I remember correctly the time to charge was comparable to the DJI charger plugged into the house. I have had it for a while so if I had to buy another I would select one that also had USB outlets @5v for the RC.
thanks for your imput. I think I will settle for a 400W pure sine and see how that goes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub