Battery Chargers

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these two chargers?

This one is $90CDN
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445372256.004795.jpg

This one is $10CDN
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445372296.278945.jpg

Will the $10 one charge as fast as the $90 one using the original charger? What are the downsides? I like the $80 saved upside!

I have the $10 one. The blue button says Phantom 3. I think it charges at higher voltage when press. It is not a charger, you have to plug your original charger into this. What it's good for is charging multiple batteries. It charges them in sequence in order not to burn your charger out. So you can plug three batteries in and walk away. My guess is the big one above will charge two at the same time.

i have the first one, its really good.

all batteries charges at same time

Lots of threads on these chargers. Blue one charges 3 batteries and controller at same time. The other uses your charger and charges one at a time.

Basically, if you have 3 batteries then it will take about 3 hours plus the remote control with the $10 unit and 1 hour with the $90 unit. It all depends on how much your time is worth over time and if you require to get all your batteries charged as soon as possible.

Last edited:
I have the "Blue" one and absolutely love it. I have 4 batteries and I can almost fly nonstop for hours with this set up. If I get a couple more batteries I'll probably buy another one just like it so I can charge 6 at the same time.

I use my charger almost every day and on the weekend it stays pretty much ON all day long lol.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these two chargers?

This one is $90CDN
View attachment 33896

This one is $10CDN
View attachment 33897

Will the $10 one charge as fast as the $90 one using the original charger? What are the downsides? I like the $80 saved upside![
I have the $10 one. The blue button says Phantom 3. I think it charges at higher voltage when press. It is not a charger, you have to plug your original charger into this. What it's good for is charging multiple batteries. It charges them in sequence in order not to burn your charger out. So you can plug three batteries in and walk away. My guess is the big one above will charge two at the same time.

I also have the low cost version and it works as described. My main issue is lack of enclosure for the board- but I have plastic case I found that works fine for transport.

With four intelligent flight batteries I went ahead & bought a second @dji 100w charger. It suits my flying style perfectly. Yes, it's great having the ability to charge my multiple batteries at the same time. Or the radio controller and a flight battery, simultaneously.

RedHotPoker

Thanks guys. Now that I know the difference between the two I will spend the extra and get the "blue" one. Does it shut down each individual batteries charging when it reaches full, or does it keep charging all till they are all charged?

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks guys. Now that I know the difference between the two I will spend the extra and get the "blue" one. Does it shut down each individual batteries charging when it reaches full, or does it keep charging all till they are all charged?
It acknowledges each battery separately. When a battery is full, it will stop charging on that battery but continue charging the rest. It acts almost like you have 3 separate chargers plus a remote control charger, but only takes up one plug at the wall.

Last edited:

I have the 10$ one as well as an extra 100w DJI charger. If I need batteries in a hurry I use the DJI chargers. If not, I hook up three to the 10$ one. It charges from the bottom up, in other word it starts charging the lowest battery first.
As the voltage catches up to the next one it starts charging that one. This means it can be charging all three simultaneously, but as said up thread, it will take three times as long. This is a good thing, in my opinion, because slower charging is better that faster charging for the batteries.

I just bought the blue one, it's waiting at home in a box :)

It might be good to know that all Phantom chargers simply put out current. The batteries themselves control the charge.

Reactions: Reed L

What's key here is to realize the "Charging Function" is contained within the Smart Battery. The rest of the system is more or less just a power supply. In simple terms the "Blue Charger" is a beefed up version of the DJI system with 3 battery outputs and 1 Tx output. The intelligence is built into the battery and the controller. Also the "Blue Charger" has a built in fan so it self regulates heat as needed.

Many other companies have been going this route for a few years now. Spectrum transmitters have had the "Charge Intelligence" built into them for a while. The wall outlet (called wall wart) is just a power supply and the charge circuitry is hidden inside the Tx.

I have the 10$ one as well as an extra 100w DJI charger. If I need batteries in a hurry I use the DJI chargers. If not, I hook up three to the 10$ one. It charges from the bottom up, in other word it starts charging the lowest battery first.
As the voltage catches up to the next one it starts charging that one. This means it can be charging all three simultaneously, but as said up thread, it will take three times as long. This is a good thing, in my opinion, because slower charging is better that faster charging for the batteries.

I don't have the parallel charging board y'all have to do a side by side comparison. In speaking of the Blue Charger it doesn't charge the battery (individually) any faster than the DJI 100W but it's able to charge 3 at the same time. In essence we are charging the battery just like the factory charger is but doing 3 batteries. This way we're not putting any extra stress on the battery by "pushing" the charge cycle.

It's as if we were using 3 DJI 100W chargers all at the same time to charge 3 batteries.

I hope that clears things up some.

I just bought the second P3P and it came with charger. Now I have two 100w chargers.

My test--

I purchased the "blue" charger (Anbee) on Amazon for $75.99. I have 3 DJI batteries. I drained each battery to 32% and I drained the remote to 70%. I placed B1, B2 and the remote on the Anbee and another battery on the original DJI 57W charger. Set up my GoPro, plugged in both chargers at the same time and let them run.

Start time (on the bedroom clock) was 1:27
Final results
WIN- Anbee Battery 1 required 68 minutes (and the fan shut off)
PLACE- DJI Battery required 70 minutes
SHOW- Anbee Battery 2 required 82 minutes
Also Ran- Remote required 90 minutes

The "blue" charger took 82 minutes to fully charge two batteries from 32% and the original DJI 57W charger (P3A) took 70 minutes to charge one similarly depleted battery.
Test Start 0m.png Anbee B2 68m.png DJI 57W B3 Charged 70m.png Anbee B1 82m.png Anbee Remote 90m.png

My test--

I purchased the "blue" charger (Anbee) on Amazon for $75.99. I have 3 DJI batteries. I drained each battery to 32% and I drained the remote to 70%. I placed B1, B2 and the remote on the Anbee and another battery on the original DJI 57W charger. Set up my GoPro, plugged in both chargers at the same time and let them run.

Start time (on the bedroom clock) was 1:27
Final results
WIN- Anbee Battery 1 required 68 minutes (and the fan shut off)
PLACE- DJI Battery required 70 minutes
SHOW- Anbee Battery 2 required 82 minutes
Also Ran- Remote required 90 minutes

The "blue" charger took 82 minutes to fully charge two batteries from 32% and the original DJI 57W charger (P3A) took 70 minutes to charge one similarly depleted battery.
View attachment 36367 View attachment 36368 View attachment 36369 View attachment 36370 View attachment 36371
The real test is putting it up against the 100W charger. Kinda pointless testing speed of charge with the baby brother from DJI.

Blue one.

Thinking in buy one and i can confirm its OK device.
Even mine will be buyed directly from China....

I have a Blue charger which I bought from Amazon.

Works like a charm, so much more convenient to charge 3 batteries and the controller in one go.

But the worst part is I have 4 batteries :eek:
So I charge 3 with the blue charger and 1 with the 100w DJI P3 charger.

Attachments

• 1448212644315.jpg
    1448212644315.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member