Battery Chargers question.

Reaction score
I have a table where I do all my battery charging for all my equipment. I have two battery chargers and one charging hub for my P3P and Inspire 1. Is there any problem with leaving the chargers plugged into the wall outlet without having any batteries charging? Should I unplug the chargers when not in use? What about the HUB? I notice that when the hub in connected to the charger without a battery, it lights up the yellow light indicators so I have made it a practice to unplug the hub from the charger but leave the charger plugged in. Is this OKAY? An Electrical Engineer I am not. Those who are, please help.

Personally i would not keep it plugged in and turned on, end of the day you got a live plug end on your desk than, that little hands can get hold of, why it might not be of any harm, for the 5 sec it takes to turn it off its better to play it safe.

If you're concerned about that, then just get a timer to plug your charger into, that way you can set the timer for how long you want power available to the charger ( My charger stops working when the batteries reach 100 %)

f49de6f460d97169d84b6869ff46d679.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

What I want to know is: if I keep the chargers plugged in when not charging batteries, nothing connected to the charger, can this damage the charger itself? Any charger for that matter. If you leave a charger plugged into the wall outlet but not connected to whatever it charges, can this damage the charger? Something I think would be nice to know. Thanks for the responses so far but I would like to hear from an electrical wizard kind of person.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20