Battery Charger

Lots of people use these but there a LOT of fakes out there with shonky soldering. Personally I'd suggest the Accucell 6 from Hobbyking (buying direct from them). Due to the fakes they are priding themselves on these being genuine.... they are pretty cheap and pretty reliable (mine has been going 2 years without issue).

With either you will need a decent power supply too... you can't for example charge a 5000mah 3s at 5amps if your power supply is only rated to at 2amps (the charger will just not let it happen).

As always with all things in this hobby... you get what you pay for so bare that in mind. Cheap is only cheap if it doesn't go wrong and need replacing within a couple of weeks ;-)

DeweyAXD said:
Personally I'd suggest the Accucell 6 from Hobbyking (buying direct from them). Due to the fakes they are priding themselves on these being genuine.... they are pretty cheap and pretty reliable (mine has been going 2 years without issue).

+1 I love my accucell6, and while it's supposedly the same internals as the real Imax B6's, I know I'm not using a cheap B6 clone like Dewey warned about. Just be sure as he said to get a power supply with at least 5A output if not 6A. I have one with 6A so I can get the full power the charger will allow.

Your choice of battery charger may be one of the most vital decisions you make while enjoying this hobby especially if you're going to do a lot of flying. Your power charger should be looked at as an investment into hours of future enjoyment. Don't cut corners or pinch pennies on this one. You'll never regret it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik