Battery Charger Issues After 3 uses..

Reaction score
I'm new to this drone flying.. after three uses my battery charger is blinking between the 1s led indicator and the charge led indicator which is actually red itd blinking back and forth it won't charge the battery only after three uses....what could this possibly be?.. I don't want to wait up to 2 weeks to receive a return label to return the whole package and I don't want to wait another 7 to 10 days for them to process it and ship it back to me a new unit I would rather solve this battery charger problem myself if it's simple or do I have to go to buy another charger or battery as well if someone could please respond and help me out I would appreciate it very much

IF any of the led marked s1 s2 or s3 are blinking it means its trying to balance the cells S1 means its trying to balance cell 1 and can take a bit to complete. depending on how un balanced the cells are.

No...thats wasnt the issue..it wasnt charging at all..just blinking back and forth..I did research and found its a common problem..sent it back to dji..they refused to fix and return..they demanded that I accept a new charger from them which is shipped now..so im wondering if it will be same brand or did they swtch up knowing thos bc20-4 models are defective

You might as well take the replacement they send you but think about getting one with a digital display at some point. The DJI one is ok but you owe it to your batteries to use a half decent one which will show you the voltage of each cell/do storage charging etc.

Ive been looking at the imax b6...but I see hitec has a multi port version...seeing that i have a newer copter on the way already ...building an arsenal..lolol

I bought several Chinese lipo checkers ($2 each, delivered) and ten jst extender cables ($6 delivered).

I cut and paralleled two of the cables and now have a digital readout of the total lipo battery and each individual cell.

The setup also makes it easy to attach the balance lead from the lipo to the charger.

Rigged a 12 volt, 55 watt auto lamp with an XT60 plug. Now I can use the balance checker alarm to tell me when I have reached by individual cell discharge point.

Attachments

• 2014-12-10 09.24.09 (Large).jpg
    2014-12-10 09.24.09 (Large).jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 443

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic