Battery charger dead and pv2+ descending on its own

Reaction score
Battery wall charger worked right out the box on 1st charge, charged up the battery to 100%. Now it won't charge my battery. No led lights up on the charger or the battery when it's plugged in. Seems to me I have a faulty charger. Am I doing something wrong?

I noticed battery level was down to around 25% while in flight and the phantom kept slowly descending without my input. I would push up for more lift, it would up slightly but still fight me and kept descending. Is it normal for the phantom to automatically descend when battery reaches a certain level?

FYI - Ver 1.08 naza mode fc no winds and flying 20 ft over head, s1 and s2 in the up position, gps calibrated, 10 satellites, fpv was fine on my iPhone.

Thanks in advance.

It will start to gradually descend when it gets low but that does seem rather early.
Do you only have one battery? It could be that rather than the charger especially bearing in mind the slightly unusual early descending.
I believe the charger won't start to work if the battery is above 75% full - or the charger thinks it is.

Thanks for the reply 4wd. Only have the battery it came with. The charger has a led and that doesn't come on nor does the battery led when I plug the charger to the wall. I tried charging the battery when it was down to 30% btw.

I was getting the low battery alarm and rear red blinking led when the phantom was descending. I just googled it and the dji YouTube video says it'll automatically descend when battery hits 20%. So that answers one of my

If the charger LED is not illuminating when connected to a working outlet, then you have a faulty charger. The charger LED is normally green when connected to power (with no battery or a fully charged battery), and red when actively charging.

Thanks for confirming that DB. I'll see if I can get a replacement from the retailer. Sucks because I was out at Big Sur with the family and planned on getting some cool shots but with no way to charge the battery was a a big fail

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik