Battery charge level jumping up and down

Reaction score
Flying last night and suddenly my battery warning goes off and the alarm sounds on my iphone. The battery still had 70% charge however. After landing it I tried a low hover and while in the air it kept switching from a stable regular charge to the warning alarm and attempts to auto-land. I managed to grab a screen shot that shows my battery in the "red zone" while still at over 40%. Later that night I connected to the assistant software to verify my battery warning indicator settings, and they are all set to the default settings.

And my gimble is having seizures and violently thrashing about but that's another story...

Anyone see this type of battery issue before?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 369
Yep I had my phantom fall out of the sky because of this, started getting a warning at 86% then next thing complete power failure and a fall from 100m. 3 weeks away being repaired in dji germany. I sent it away with a battery but must have gotten it mixed up with my other good battery. When I got it back it flew perfectly but when I changed batteries I got the same warnings. This confirmed I sent the good battery away when it went for repair. I never brought it above 10m with this battery but everytime I tried to throttle full up the warning would come up on the app and the phantom would flash all red lights. I drained the battery fully, recharged it and sure enough the same problems but the other battery was perfect. Brought it back to my dealer and he swapped it out for a brand new battery. No problems since. So I urge you not to fly with that battery and get it swapped by your dealer. Show them this message if you want. My dealer is Copter shop ireland. If you dont have a dealer and cant send it back I'd tell you just to scrap the battery and buy a new one. Not worth the risk.

The batteries give me a lot of concern. It's great to have the double size battery, but the proprietary nature bugs me. I'd rather be able to choose whatever brand of battery I trust, and use one of my three balancing lipo chargers. Does anyone know what cell brand is being used in these batteries? I see someone on eBay selling the battery bank alone, and require using the end piece, with the charging circuity hooked to it. Interesting, since you can use that piece for every battery and swap from battery to battery. The battery bank is one third the price, but I don't anything about it's quality. I'll wait for some reviews on it before thinking about going that route.

Anyway, from a longtime electric modeler the battery in the Vision is a sore point for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik