Battery $149: Can we do better?

Reaction score
I'm a new shopper. I see per Phantomhelp.com the advice is to consider buying a the P3 Quad from one source and batteries, etc... from another. My problem is I see the SAME price EVERYWHERE. Any other options out there to get a cheaper price below the standard $149 for the battery?

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you said. To clarify: I am aware that my post is in reference to adding a 2nd battery to the 1st/original that will come with it.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you said. To clarify: I am aware that my post is in reference to adding a 2nd battery to the 1st/original that will come with it.
I believe he meant, find a bundle deal, where you can get an additional battery for $100 or less depending on the bundle that you purchase.

I'm a new shopper. I see per Phantomhelp.com the advice is to consider buying a the P3 Quad from one source and batteries, etc... from another. My problem is I see the SAME price EVERYWHERE. Any other options out there to get a cheaper price below the standard $149 for the battery?
Unfortunately, that is probably not going to happen-- DJI made these batteries proprietary on purpose and I would assume they are covered by appropriate copy write and patent laws and protections. If they have a million P3's out there and everyone has two or more batteries, that is $300,000,000 revenue minimum per year--- IOW -- 1/3 of a billion-- no-- you probably wont see any cheaper batteries from DJI and they don't have much competition. ;)

Interesting topics. Yes, I've seem some remaining combo deals. But forget the number. Say it's the 3rd or 4th battery. Is there a deal out there? I'm being naïve here, but I don't get it... We've got a user's forum here, so why isn't there a "buy it from these guys" approach in supporting each other on the financial application & obligation side of these cool machines?

I bought a combo deal from aerial media pros with the stock battery with the drone and 3 additional batteries. Guess what didn't show up. The three additional batteries. So if you can find batteries buy em.

Interesting topics. Yes, I've seem some remaining combo deals. But forget the number. Say it's the 3rd or 4th battery. Is there a deal out there? I'm being naïve here, but I don't get it... We've got a user's forum here, so why isn't there a "buy it from these guys" approach in supporting each other on the financial application & obligation side of these cool machines?
Cutting edge, proprietary, new, secretive, etc?

jjpetroski, there are a lot of Phantom 3 packages with extra batteries here:

Buy A DJI Phantom - Phantom Help

And, batteries are easy to find at $149 right now. You can find them in stock at that price on Amazon, DJI, or eBay.

You're not going to save money by buying a package. All you're really going to get is the convenience of buying everything in one purchase. The only way to really save money is by buying from an unauthorized DJI dealer or an authorized dealer who does not obey DJI's MAP pricing. I don't recommend doing either though. If buying from an unauthorized dealer, you will void your DJI warranty. And, if buying from an unethical dealer, who knows what else they will be unethical about.

Last edited:
Plus, your currency is printed in some nice colors. All we got is green, with a bunch of old dead dudes on the front.
We'll have a dead woman on the $10 in a few years, though.

I'm guessing that setting up a group buy has probably been suggested before. If DJI is really **** about the price there is probably no way to get them cheaper.

We should start to see third party batteries coming out soon. They likely won't be much if any better and only a couple dollars cheaper if the P2 batteries are anything to go by. Expect a brew ha ha over battery firmware and official batteries vs. 3rd parties.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues