Batteries

Reaction score
So now that I have my new p3a the replacement for the last one that shut down and crashed, I got my new one updated it the first day only to find two of my batteries will not work, due to the update it says none dji, I'd had no prob before on my last p3 so how can this be ?
What am I ment to do with them ? Nice waist of £200
Not like I can sell them or use them, seems a little unfair of dji to do this to us,

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: sandman259
yep non dji battery's wont work only oem ones

Reactions: #BirdDog
Are they non DJI batteries? If they are sell them.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'd had no prob before on my last p3 so how can this be ?
Around the time of your crash, software changes were implemented to detect non-OEM batteries and give the error, "Non-DJI Intelligent Battery Detected."
DJI did the same thing with earlier versions of the Phantom. You are seeing it only now because you just got your new P3 and updated.

I did hear that non-OEM batteries purchased recently have a work around, but still your best and safest bet (financially and otherwise) is to use OEM DJI batteries.

Reactions: JoBe
If anyone wants to buy 2 battery's cheap then let me know one never used as new the other had 6 charges only. £30 each plus postage

Yes uk south coast, got one on Amazon other when I bought my first p3s from shop in London

Yes both Are me as first I'd when I got my first p3 then upgraded and got iPad and p3a couldn't remember login so set up new account then worked out how to use everything now got both one on phone one on iPad can't seem to work out how to sort which is which sorry lol

Yes sorry none oem Evan though they were sold to me as genuine dji but clearly was not the case, they maybe good for someone, or they will just sit there as book ends ....

Yes sorry none oem Evan though they were sold to me as genuine dji but clearly was not the case, they maybe good for someone, or they will just sit there as book ends ....

If the compny you purchased via from Amazon doesn't make it clear its a "compatible" battery I'm sure they'll organise a refund you. Worth a try IMO.

14281edebcd5443d14826843b6ecc3ff.jpg

b95d4951c6fc6b3717f692ca497b42b0.jpg

The non oem battery detection started with Go 2.61 update on Android. Don't know about IOS.

These would probably be good candidates to use for the split battery mod if you wanted to try it yourself.......just saying.

Around the time of your crash, software changes were implemented to detect non-OEM batteries and give the error, "Non-DJI Intelligent Battery Detected."
DJI did the same thing with earlier versions of the Phantom. You are seeing it only now because you just got your new P3 and updated.

I did hear that non-OEM batteries purchased recently have a work around, but still your best and safest bet (financially and otherwise) is to use OEM DJI batteries.

Do you know where I can find the supposed workaround...?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic