Batteries

Reaction score
Just curious, how many batteries do you guys need or use when you fly? Most of my flying has just been recreational and for the purpose of learning the features. This last weekend I shot video for a funeral service where they paddled out and spread ashes at sea. I used all three batteries that I had. I am glad I ordered a fourth for the future.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: PaulJohn
I'm the same as you. I have three batteries and am learning the ropes at the moment. It's not quite enough juice if I get stuck into a discipline so I've ordered another one. I have a specific set of projects coming up in the summer in the Scottish Highlands and can see the need for at least six batteries to achieve my goals!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm the same as you. I have three batteries and am learning the ropes at the moment. It's not quite enough juice if I get stuck into discipline so I've ordered another one. I have a specific set of projects coming up in the summer in the Scottish Highlands and can see the need for at least six batteries to achieve my goals!

Ever consider a car charger to charge one while flying on others and rotate?

Reactions: PaulJohn
Good plan actually Ramphex. Do you have one you'd recommend?

That's what I do now. The only thing you got to worry about is charging a hot battery right after flight but the battery being intelligent it won't charge until it's cooled to a proper charging temperature. One light will blink until the battery cools and then the charger will automatically start charging.

When shopping for an inverter, make sure the wattage is appropriate (higher than) for the input on your charger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20