Batteries

I see good reviews about it on the link provided by you. Interesting that it upgrades to the latest FW.

Anyone able to confirm that the latest DJI Go update on Android blocked the clone battery?

Not sure if the money saved is worth trying.
Plenty of DJI batteries out there for $115 shipped and deals if you're patient.

+1.
It just $20-30 difference with original DJI, in case of failure you have some coverage.
I heard DJI blocking third party batteries in new FW.

Just keep flying.

+1.
It just $20-30 difference with original DJI, in case of failure you have some coverage.
I heard DJI blocking third party batteries in new FW.

Just keep flying.
Blocking third parties by FW is not the way DJI should go about it, that way they will control the prices. It can be challenged in court.

Why.. It's their software. Why can't they do things like limit where you can fly and the accessories you use with it.. What could be challenged in court?

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

There was another thread on here about these other battery options. The person had bought one made by Amperex. It seems Amperex makes the DJI batteries. Unless it would be in violation of their contract, that isn't to say the ones they put out in their own name are different than the DJI version. Don't know that they would be seen as clones or if they would be seen as duplicates. He didn't indicate there were any compatibility issues. His concern was how the ad was written, supposedly leading him to believe he was getting a "real" DJI battery, and he might have actually gotten a "real" one, but not labeled as such.

Just to update. It has been confirmed that rolling back from the latest DJI Go on android stops the 'clone' batteries from being blocked.

The price difference isn't worth the risk, there is some sort of logic board in the DJI batteries that would have gone through extensive testing prior to release. Would a clone have gone through all that R&D and testing? Does it respond in EXACTLY the same way as the DJI under all circumstances?

I personally don't want to be a flying ginuea pig!!

I own a number of counterfeit batteries. I don't have any major problems with any of them. I've always bought batteries that have had quite a few good reviews. All of them play well with the DJI software and firmware and all of them fly great. But that doesn't make them equal to DJI batteries. For example, my "Venom" batteries don't auto-discharge. And this didn't occur to me until I checked a battery after not touching it for 3 weeks and found it fully charged.

So if you're going to buy counterfeit, understand you're accepting a certain amount of risk.

Blocking third parties by FW is not the way DJI should go about it, that way they will control the prices. It can be challenged in court.
Unless the cheap Chinese battery knock offs impinge on the DJI patient, which is a strong possibility.

So is the latest firmware necessary? What else does it update besides blocking non DJI batteries? I was planning on buying a few "knock off" batteries but now I may pony up for the DJI ones

Someone posted that the battery serial number is in the code ( supposedly 3 lines of code for the battery) so it could be bypassed by someone with tech know how.

I have been using 2 of the batteries before the price of batteries came down with no problem You know I would like to have a business of making a car then after selling a ton of them and then change something that would now only allow you to use only their special gas. Then I can set the price of the gas at anything I want. They have a name for people who works a business like this. I understand them not warrant anything with non oem parts but to purposely cause someone to waste money is wrong. I THINK AFTER SEE THIS I WILL HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR MY NEXT MODEL.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4