Batteries

Reaction score
Can i use bigger batteries such as 4000 mah and 5000 mah lipos? Use these on my bigger multicopter. Didnt want to fry my electrics.

The mah values are the amount of capacity. Think of it like the size of a gas tank.

The voltage will be the value which if too large can damage the electronics.
Stick with 3S or 11.1v LiPos to be safe.

The other factor is the weight of larger cells. At some point the weight can offset the gains from greater capacity.

The Multistar mod where you open out the door opening a bit and move the cable outside sets your FC40 free.
Average of 13-14 minutes flying time on each battery makes the thing worth flying and takes some of the stress of constantly looking for the red lamp away.
Well worth doing, just look at the 4000MAH multistar mods on here, everyone says its the best thing they did.
Think of it as a correction of a design fault, 2100 was never going to get far, hence why they changed batteries.

I use 4000 mAh batteries on my FC40.

I carved a niche on both sides of the door with a Dremmel grinder and the a/c and battery plugs are on the outside of the door.

If you want pics I will post them

Can u post some pics of your fc40 with the plugs on the outside. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Battery Mod (1) GIMP.JPG
Battery Mod (2)GIM.JPG
Battery Mod (3) GIMP.JPG
Battery Mod GIMP (4).JPG

I had to cut the battery leads shorter but it works well with 16 - 18 minutes airborne.

The 4000 mAh can be a tight fit but arranging the wires carefully will normally settle the problem.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Nice one cheers mate looks tidy well done

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31