Batteries from Phantom 1 can be used on phantom 2?

Reaction score
Good evening,

This is my first post, I´ll try to do my best writing it, I´m about to upgrade from my Phantom V1.1.1 yo a Phantom 2 (No Vision) so I´m trying to know if your are able to use the batteries from the Phantom V.1.1.1 on a Phantom 2 (No Vision) with the appropriate conversion.

And if so, can somebody explain it please.

Thanks for your answers, have a great night.

That's not entirely true. There are adaptors available

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14824

HOWEVER!!!!

1. I haven't tried one so cannot comment on whether they work or even if they have since been locked out by P2 firmware updates.
2. I haven't read of anyone trying one so you may well be a test pilot for this forum.
3. Bang good haven't had a good track record of producing after market P2 batteries.
4. Users seem to be having problems even with DJI batteries including premature auto land at anything upto 60% power remaining and in some cases where aircraft are falling out of the sky this may also be attributed to battery failure.

Personally i regret not buying the P1 system with the cheaper, simpler batteries which have a much more positive connection that doesn't lock you into an overpriced battery system that is entirely unnecessary and designed as an additional revenue stream for DJI. From what I have seen the wiring is much more solid in the P1 also. My P2 has thin wires and the outer casing has been damaged during manufactur with the third hand tool used to hold the wire during soldering.

I would weigh up the pros and cons of upgrading or even look at the alternatives that are gradually appearing on the market (and often cheaper too).

That's a lot of caveats. For all intents and purposes, you can't realistically expect to run a 2200mah p1 battery in a p2. If you were really determined enough, you can engineer around the lock.

It's best to consider the p2 as a standardized, closed ecosystem. There are benefits and drawbacks.

WessexWyvern said:
That's not entirely true. There are adaptors available

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14824

HOWEVER!!!!

1. I haven't tried one so cannot comment on whether they work or even if they have since been locked out by P2 firmware updates.
2. I haven't read of anyone trying one so you may well be a test pilot for this forum.
3. Bang good haven't had a good track record of producing after market P2 batteries.
4. Users seem to be having problems even with DJI batteries including premature auto land at anything upto 60% power remaining and in some cases where aircraft are falling out of the sky this may also be attributed to battery failure.

Personally i regret not buying the P1 system with the cheaper, simpler batteries which have a much more positive connection that doesn't lock you into an overpriced battery system that is entirely unnecessary and designed as an additional revenue stream for DJI. From what I have seen the wiring is much more solid in the P1 also. My P2 has thin wires and the outer casing has been damaged during manufactur with the third hand tool used to hold the wire during soldering.

I would weigh up the pros and cons of upgrading or even look at the alternatives that are gradually appearing on the market (and often cheaper too).

WessexWyvern

I really appreciate all your great info about it, I´m thinking of upgrading the P1 to the P2 Non-Vision in particular for that "Pro" that DJI is giving about "batteries lasting up to 25 minutes", Personally I don´t believe thats completely accurate but u might get more than the real 7 minutes long of the P1 batteries.

I´m totally fine with my P1 I just want to be sure if I´m able to attach some stuff to it or its just better to upgrade, paying attention to the batery drop.

Have a good one friend!

Greetings form Mexico.

No problem.

This series of videos may interest you...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oOLv1VIWxsU (Dji Phantom 1 in Phantom 2 body running 5000mah Lipo)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RcH5ZIDsPt0 (Dji test flight 20min run time with no load)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qgLQFEZ0bAU (Dji Phantom self fighting props arrived and camera mounted)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=daHISY4ZNnM (Dji phantom fully loaded 18min flight time)

If it is actually possible to get 18 min from a modified P1 with camera, that's the most you will get ever from P2 with gimbal, camera and TX. Some people are finding out that even with only 35 cycles their P2 batteries are already crapping out and giving them less than 7 mins flight time. One guy found this happened in as little as 4 cycles. The P2 concept is great, it's why I bought it. The reality can be much different though.

WessexWyvern said:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=daHISY4ZNnM (Dji phantom fully loaded 18min flight time)

If it is actually possible to get 18 min from a modified P1 with camera, that's the most you will get ever from P2 with gimbal, camera and TX.

18 minutes is easily doable with a P1. It looks like he was running a gimbaless GoPro in the waterproof shell as well, so OP should probably compare against a more similar loadout.

My P1 gets 19-20min fully loaded (gimbal, gopro, fpv, iOSD,) to 3.60v/cell on a 5400mah battery. I still set the timer for 15 minutes just in case when I fly.

It's a lot of fun modding a P1 to get P2 flight times or more, but you should enjoy the tinkering and be prepared to deal with failures if you go that route!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1