Batteries from China: Risk worth taking?

Reaction score
I've just been to the Post Office to post a parcel (UK). I was asked if there was a battery in the item, which there was..... anyhow, got talking to the PO bloke about how you are allowed to post batteries in UK and around the world and he told me that if you buy a battery from China, they can post to UK, but the UK will not allow postage of batteries to China. He said there were scams going on whereby they send you duff batteries and you then can't send them back for a refund....

Not that I'm taking this chaps word for gospel, but it would seem that saving £30-40 on a battery, having a right faff waiting for it to get here, then as good as no guarantee (not that DJIs is worth much!) might not be worth it.

They should be OK in original packaging so far as I know, and if the Post Office won't take them , others such as DHL will.
Most dealers in China are perfectly legitimate, but you need to be patient as it will often take two weeks before a package even sets off.
HongKong is generally quicker, and I've had items from there in 3 or 4 days.
You do still have the problem of warranty claims being almost impossible and I agree you're better off buying from a local dealer unless prepared to take this risk.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20