Batteries failing to discharge automatically

Reaction score
so I just looked and realized my last flight was on 2/7/16

batteries are set on a 7 day drain mode right now for storage. I just checked and I still have full batteries (all 4 lights go on when I press button to check battery)

What gives?

Probably fly the drone around tomorrow on both batteries to drain them a little for cycling

Now doing a little bit of reading around suggests that even pressing the button to check the battery status resets the timer? I've been checking every few days, so could this be why? I'm resetting the timer every time I check or something? if that's the case. That's silly. I might just change it to 5 days, which should have them to 65% by a week? or 3 days maybe?

Now doing a little bit of reading around suggests that even pressing the button to check the battery status resets the timer? I've been checking every few days, so could this be why?
Yes -- you keep resetting the timer.

i have 2 phantom 4 and 5 batteries and they are all set to discharge at 3 days and i am checking them daily and they haven't discharged yet, it has not been 10 days yet since my last charge but i set them to 3 days ,the thing is if there is a problem with the battery well i have 5 and the 5 of them are not discharging, and if it is a matter of phantom 4 , well both of the phantoms 4 are set to discharge the battery at 3 days and if it is a matter of my software on my phone, well i am using an ipad pro 9.7, a samsung s6 edge plus and a note 4. so i am not getting it, can anyone help??

rolandsf, every time you press the battery button, the battery will wait 3 more days from that point before it starts to auto discharge. At that point, it'll take about 2 more days to discharge down to 65%. Try checking them after about 7 days.

i have 2 phantom 4 and 5 batteries and they are all set to discharge at 3 days and i am checking them daily and they haven't discharged yet, it has not been 10 days yet since my last charge but i set them to 3 days ,the thing is if there is a problem with the battery well i have 5 and the 5 of them are not discharging, and if it is a matter of phantom 4 , well both of the phantoms 4 are set to discharge the battery at 3 days and if it is a matter of my software on my phone, well i am using an ipad pro 9.7, a samsung s6 edge plus and a note 4. so i am not getting it, can anyone help??

Welcome to the forum.

Every time you "check" the battery by clicking the button you reset the timer to ZERO. I have mine set to start discharging after 3 days AND it usually takes a couple of days to go from FULL to storage charge (50 - 60%).

so i should not check them until i pass 4 days and then they will discharge by themselves

You should not check them for at least 5 days.

so if they are set to 3 days , i should wait for 5 days without pressing the button on the battery and after 5 days if i checked they should be discharged right?

Reactions: cfd701
That's correct.

so if they are set to 3 days , i should wait for 5 days without pressing the button on the battery and after 5 days if i checked they should be discharged right?

You may also detect some warmth further indicating it is taking place.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1