Batteries capacity and weight

Reaction score
I appreciate all the feedback, I want to know if the larger capacity batteries in the market can be used with the phantom, I noticed a 4000 mAh one with 11.1V, and are those too heavy? stock one is 2200 mAh and someone`s offering 2700 mAh for phantom.

The big ones won't fit inside the battery tray. It's not about weight with the Phantom, it's size.

Not necessarily....you don't need to put the battery in the compartment...there are many good methods for mounting a battery externally. I mount two 2700s externally and it flies well. I've mounted two 3200 and barely got off the ground. Have two 6400s and it won't move...so you see weight is very relative! Through experimentation i have found out for now that two 2800s mounted externally is about as big as you want to go....otherwise mount a good 2700 internally.....even with the 27 and 2800s the flight times are only improved by a minute or two. good luck

Is there a way to maximize flight time with other batteries? basically you say we`d be better off with dual 2200`s on external brackets, giving about 24 mins.

thetac said:
Not necessarily....you don't need to put the battery in the compartment...there are many good methods for mounting a battery externally. I mount two 2700s externally and it flies well. I've mounted two 3200 and barely got off the ground. Have two 6400s and it won't move...so you see weight is very relative! Through experimentation i have found out for now that two 2800s mounted externally is about as big as you want to go....otherwise mount a good 2700 internally.....even with the 27 and 2800s the flight times are only improved by a minute or two. good luck

I never said 24 minutes...what i will tell you is that in my experience, with the weight of my phantom (1504g), dual 2700 batteries give me the longest flight time....about 11-12 minutes. The lighter you can make your phantom...the longer flight time you should get. If you just want to fly around with no camera or FPV and have stock landing gear I think you could get close to 20 minutes out of dual 2700s.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj