Batteries and Cold

Reaction score
In case you are new to RC Lipos do not like cold weather. May want to consider this as flight times will not be as good as in warmer months. The battery being inclosed helps some but you will still see shortened flight times. Just wanted to share this after flying yesterday and had blinking reds about half way into a normal flight.

The Phantom, with it's specific micro electronics, does not like the cold as much as fair weather in general.

With the record colds and the polar vortex wreaking havoc, I am sitting here looking at a couple of those small shake activated hand warmers for gloves you can get super cheap and wondering if they could be integrated without any fear of damage- I am considering doing a test flight with my outboard mounted dual batteries wrapped, and unwrapped- but I want to see if anyone, anywhere in the r/c lipo world has already checked those stats... I figure my lipo-tard *** would have missed an important point or factor.

Also that there is possibility that the low temperature or the change of temperature may negatively affect the data pins connections that may result in 'invalid battery' error.

I'm not sure how true this is, but it sounds logical.

I notice though that we're hearing much less of this issue lately and that may mean it was caused by a bad batch which may mean this issue is already behind us.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik