Batter wont Charge....UGHHH

Reaction score
Phanton 3 Pro....Battery down to 15% or so and now it won't charge at all...I've tried to turn the battery on and then charge it, nothing....the power supply goes from solid green to blinking red after putting a battery on it.....Any suggestions??

If theres a topic on this I couldn't find it through the search, sorry guys

15 charges...if i hold down the battery button for 5 seconds i still get all 4 lights.....used it 3 days ago

15 charges...if i hold down the battery button for 5 seconds i still get all 4 lights.....used it 3 days ago
Hmm.. but the app still reports 15%? Does it show all cells to be ok? How old is it? Is it the original unit that came with the P or an additional battery? Sorry for all the Qs!
You could try running it down to 8% an see if it then recovers on recharging - you've nothing to lose at this stage.

yeah i just took it outside and flew it starting at 17% and flew it up about 10 ft and let it sit to see what happened...got it down to 13%........the power supply is blinking red like it is charging but arent the lights on the battery supposed to blink while charging?? brain fart.......it's the original battery, just bought this phantom new a month ago

What charger are you using? The DJI charger doesn't have any red or green lights -(unless they've changed it since I got mine). Just wondered if maybe your charger has developed a fault.

Reactions: Oso
Hi

I'll stick my two pence worth in, to my knowledge ( someone correct me if I'm wrong ) the DJI charger has no intelligence, other than perhaps over current protection against short circuit of the output.

Any DC power source between 16 - 18 volts will be OK as a charger. ( my charger outputs 17.1 volts at 0 amps, a 4 cell LIPO when fully charged is 4.2 x 4 = 16.8 Volts )

Measure the actual battery voltage with an AVO meter, if it is below 16 volts, then I suggest you connect the battery to a power source as above and turn the battery on in the normal way, and leave it charging,
( whilst you are in attendance) for 30 minutes, if after that time the battery has not turned it's self off, and shows 4 solid green lights when checked, then I would say that 1 or more cells in the battery is faulty, a very similar thing happened to 1 of my batteries, and when I sent it back to DJI ( within the warranty period) they exchanged it for a new one.

Good Luck
Waylander

put it back in and drain it out. at this point there is nothing to lose and healthy drones recommends bringing it to 5% once every xxx charges

yeah i just took it outside and flew it starting at 17% and flew it up about 10 ft and let it sit to see what happened...got it down to 13%........the power supply is blinking red like it is charging but arent the lights on the battery supposed to blink while charging?? brain fart.......it's the original battery, just bought this phantom new a month ago
OK. Just take it back and get your reseller to replace it, or raise it with DJI (FYI, here in the U.K., the seller is contractually liable to solve warranty issues).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik