Basic question on Controller / TX

Reaction score
Silly question but am I right in thinking that I can use pretty much any Controller on the Phantom providing I disconnect the onboard RX on the Phantom, power the RX that comes with the controller from the battery and connect it to the Naza M in lieu of the onboard RX.

Similarly, am I right to think that the Naza M that comes with a Phantom is identically to the one available to third parties except the GPS and RX are built into the motherboard that the Naza M connect to?

Gnapoleon said:
Silly question but am I right in thinking that I can use pretty much any Controller on the Phantom providing I disconnect the onboard RX on the Phantom, power the RX that comes with the controller from the battery and connect it to the Naza M in lieu of the onboard RX.

Similarly, am I right to think that the Naza M that comes with a Phantom is identically to the one available to third parties except the GPS and RX are built into the motherboard that the Naza M connect to?

Yes,. just about any RC remote can work with the NAZA, tho the Futaba's (as well as the stock Rx), use d-bus to connect,. just a single servo wire instead of 6+. (plus it gets power from that connection as well).

It is indeed that same NAZA v1 that is sold separately.
the GPS is not in the motherboard, nor is the Rx really , they're both just screwed into different places inside the Phantom.

However the GPS is different than the one they sell separately, as it does not contain a compass.

Does that mean that all I need is to power the new RX and connect to the Naza after I disconnect the DJI RX. Do I need to configure anything int he software?

Just disconnect the DJI Rx and plug the bus connector to the new Rx. All power and signal go through the bus. Go to the Naza software and make sure d-bus is selected, and check Tx functions. Pretty simple.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic