Basic gains

Reaction score
Any one know what the best settings are for the gains on a p2v my seem a bit high

Basic, pitch 125%, roll 125%, yew 120%, vertical 140%

Attiuted pitch 260%, roll 260%

Attitude gains look quite sporting. :) It all depends on your flying style and how you want the aircraft to react. For aerial video then you might want to bring the attitude gains down for a more gentle response to your inputs - or you may be quite happy with how it is set up now.

If you are happy with how it responds to your right stick inputs then I wouldn't change the attitude gains. If you are happy with how the aircraft reacts in GPS hold (i.e. the hover is stable, no oscillations or twitching, etc) then again there's probably no need to change them. If you do, then change one at a time and by 10% at a time, test fly, repeat.

Pull_Up said:
Attitude gains look quite sporting. :) It all depends on your flying style and how you want the aircraft to react. For aerial video then you might want to bring the attitude gains down for a more gentle response to your inputs - or you may be quite happy with how it is set up now.

If you are happy with how it responds to your right stick inputs then I wouldn't change the attitude gains. If you are happy with how the aircraft reacts in GPS hold (i.e. the hover is stable, no oscillations or twitching, etc) then again there's probably no need to change them. If you do, then change one at a time and by 10% at a time, test fly, repeat.

Thanks Simon its just when I look at them last am sure the Basic setting were all 125%. Did DJI change them on the last update do you know ?.

The attit gains are just right for me

shaun27 said:
Thanks Simon its just when I look at them last am sure the Basic setting were all 125%. Did DJI change them on the last update do you know ?.

Latest update gains did change.

EMCSQUAR said:
shaun27 said:

Latest update gains did change.

Thanks that's all I needed to know was not sure if it was something I and done some were along the line

I'm not sure this is possible with the gains settings but I am wanting to make my control stick inputs a little less sensitive so that I can turn more gently. I'm fine with right-left up and down, but as I rotate the P2 for smooth video, I find that a very slight movement on the stick makes a more pronounce turn than I care for. It's possible to be gentle on the stick, but it's also so easy for your fingers to overshoot and I'd like to be able to lessen the sensitivity of any one throw. Possible?

Thanks

zryall3 said:
I'm not sure this is possible with the gains settings but I am wanting to make my control stick inputs a little less sensitive so that I can turn more gently. I'm fine with right-left up and down, but as I rotate the P2 for smooth video, I find that a very slight movement on the stick makes a more pronounce turn than I care for. It's possible to be gentle on the stick, but it's also so easy for your fingers to overshoot and I'd like to be able to lessen the sensitivity of any one throw. Possible?

Thanks

Zryall its the atti gains you need to lower mine are set high for quick turns. just move them down maybe 10% then test and just keep moving them down until you get the setting your happy with. I think Simon did a youtube vid about it

+1 on lowering atti gains for smoother stick response. Simple explanation on gains - Basic Gain #s = how craft reacts to conditions. Atti Gains = how craft reacts to stick input.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic