Basic Dual Battery Mod for Phantom 3 ....Any Takers?

Wonder if that messes with the VPS system at all. Can't imagine the gimbal would be as solid cantilevered out in front like that, it would however get it away from seeing the props as much.

I'd be interested to see it in action first hand. More often than not we get diminishing returns when adding more batteries because of the added weight and other factors. I'd be genuinely surprised if anyone actually reached the noted increase of "28 - 32 min extra flight time".

Agreed, I'm thinking you get 28-32 minutes in total.

Reactions: BigAl07
I have it. And I ended up leaving the VPS sensor off. So I am flying with out the sensor, so I saved a little weight. I fly with a DJI battery in the P3, and a generic battery in the other slot.

Reactions: Digdat0
I have it. And I ended up leaving the VPS sensor off. So I am flying with out the sensor, so I saved a little weight. I fly with a DJI battery in the P3, and a generic battery in the other slot.
Awesome...do you have a picture..I'm curious how it looks and if it's easy to install for a avg joe

Awesome...do you have a picture..I'm curious how it looks and if it's easy to install for a avg joe
Check out these posts for pics/details. You have to open the shell and do a solder of the power lead to the main power source. It would require some work. Modded batteries are SO much easier. You should head to the dual battery thread and check it out, lotta good info and alot of the battery guys subscribe to it, so we see updates (whereas new threads like this may not)

Dual Battery Mod

Dual Battery Mod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.