Basic Drone Laws

Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks in advance for anyones help. As you can see by my post count I'm new to this forum, and actually new to drones. I recently purchased a P3P. I'm having a very difficult time finding information on the basic drone laws, the do's and don'ts. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find the easy to understand laws (I'm not interested in reading the most detailed info, just basic and easy to read stuff). FYI, I live in Michigan USA.

Basically I've had this drone about a month and only have flown it around my house and street...I would love to go to parks, public beaches, etc. but I don't know the laws of flying in public areas.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Eric

Hello,

Thanks in advance for anyones help. As you can see by my post count I'm new to this forum, and actually new to drones. I recently purchased a P3P. I'm having a very difficult time finding information on the basic drone laws, the do's and don'ts. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find the easy to understand laws (I'm not interested in reading the most detailed info, just basic and easy to read stuff). FYI, I live in Michigan USA.

Basically I've had this drone about a month and only have flown it around my house and street...I would love to go to parks, public beaches, etc. but I don't know the laws of flying in public areas.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Eric
Hi Eric. I too am new at drones, and I also live in Michigan, just outside of Ann Arbor. Maybe we could help one another. (No, not really "help." More like "have fun" flying :)

Hi Eric. I too am new at drones, and I also live in Michigan, just outside of Ann Arbor. Maybe we could help one another. (No, not really "help." More like "have fun" flying :)

Wow, Hi Dan. Where you live? I'm right outside of Ann Arbor also, in Howell...Thanks msinger that link helped a lot. Looks like as long as you follow common sense you are good.

Last edited:

Same here! Howell, Michigan

Wow, yes you do have field for sure. Brian, where you in Howell? I'm Latson and Grand River area....

The key in the US is to not fly above 400 ft. And all other aircraft have the right a way. Don't fly close to government buildings or bases includes post offices. Make sure you are over 3 miles from small private airports and check no fly zones. Check out the drone buddy app. Pretty cool. Enjoy!!! Don't fly over people and remember what goes up must come down somewhere! Be safe!

Reactions: kenjancef

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4