barometer error - what is for??

Reaction score
hello everyone

searching about errors on dji drones i ve seen the "barometer error" in some veeery scary scenarios of crashes or flyaways.. my questions are; what are the causes of this kind of error?? can we - the simple pilots - do sth to prevent it??

yeah i know its silly but im trying to understand how they do work and to prevent (if possible) such a deadly error like this..

thanks in advance
xrider

hello pilots

as ive lost my p3 because of sudden barometer error (non recoverable.. main controller data error.. barometer error.. and deep dive into the sea.. anyway.. ive bought a new one.. because im totaly in love with its technology) im bringing this post back to the top.. main question is.. what can we do to prevent such a fatal error midflight?? is sea goin to to get so crazy a drones' system?? i watched it dive from 20m height straight down to the sea.. without having any control in it.. no logs as ive lost connection in the fall.. and im tryin to understand.. what happened to fc and "activated" midflight the self destruct?? never had a fear to fly above the water.. now i have..

just wanted to share with you that.. and make a guess of what happened up there.. its been months after that.. but i really want some explanations from experts here.. of what went sooo wrong.. was taking care of it.. take offs and landings always on hand.. and that "why" is still hunting me whenever i wish to fly close to a beach for example..

thanks..
xrider

hello pilots

as ive lost my p3 because of sudden barometer error (non recoverable.. main controller data error.. barometer error.. and deep dive into the sea.. anyway.. ive bought a new one.. because im totaly in love with its technology) im bringing this post back to the top.. main question is.. what can we do to prevent such a fatal error midflight?? is sea goin to to get so crazy a drones' system?? i watched it dive from 20m height straight down to the sea.. without having any control in it.. no logs as ive lost connection in the fall.. and im tryin to understand.. what happened to fc and "activated" midflight the self destruct?? never had a fear to fly above the water.. now i have..
Those are hardware errors which are quite rare but could just happen without warning.
A component might have just worn out and failed.
You will still have flight data until connection was lost.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

there is the huge problem.. ac its at the bottom of the sea.. and.. no .txt on my phone.. no data to review as connection dropped suddently during the fall.. the only thing that i can remember is..

height 20m
distance about 34m (in front of my eyes!!)
altitude suddently went from 20m to 87 (!!) .. main controller data error flashed.. pressed it and barometer error.. pushed left stick up because it started to free fall.. nothing happened.. and then.. disconnected.. havent yet explained of what failed.. was the barometer of the fc witch decided to commit suicide in front of my eyes?? battery was fully charged before flight as i wanted to film a ship.. when it got closer and turned the drone for a good shot.. started to loose signal so i brought it closer to me.. then the fall happened.. was an interference from a radar witch microwaved everything as a result a free fall?? was something else?? compass maybe?? but it didnt switched to atti mode.. 20 sats.. im giving you whatever i can remember from that day.. something went off.. and still cannot understand what..

since then im afraid to fly above water or close to it.. even i ve got a new p3 witch makes me want to rediscover my place.. i cant get over the accident with the previous p3 as i didnt understand what has caused it.. was fc?? was barometer?? was interference?? was what??!!

cannot find a .txt with 28/09/20 on my phone..
so odd and so ridiculus as well..

edit.. no .txt but a record of.. whatever.. showin the last place.. no hs speed.. no vs speed.. just hovering.. and then the fall.. its was just hovering in place.. how a record can be there but no .txt?? odd things.. is that because ive uninstalled the app and then reinstalled in purpose to see what happened making it worse??

Attachments

• PSX_20201205_005204.jpg
    PSX_20201205_005204.jpg
    950.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
cannot find a .txt with 28/09/20 on my phone..
so odd and so ridiculus as well..

edit.. no .txt but a record of.. whatever.. showin the last place.. no hs speed.. no vs speed.. just hovering.. and then the fall.. its was just hovering in place.. how a record can be there but no .txt?? odd things.. is that because ive uninstalled the app and then reinstalled in purpose to see what happened making it worse??
If you can view that replay of your flight, the .txt file is in there somewhere.
That's what the app uses to create the flight replay.

Reactions: xrider
If you can view that replay of your flight, the .txt file is in there somewhere.
That's what the app uses to create the flight replay.
sorry.. still nothing.. only the record.. im gonna take a video from what odd things i see.. with the sticks.. how can you say go ahead.. and drone go backwards?? rc was calibrated.. imu was as well.. compass no because i was about to film something metallic with lots of em on it.. i remember that very well.. im gonna take a short video for you..

sorry.. still nothing.. only the record.
If you can see the replay, the txt file is in the re somewhere.
You couldn't see that replay without it.
how can you say go ahead.. and drone go backwards??
Where in the flight do you see that happening?
rc was calibrated.. imu was as well.. compass no because i was about to film something metallic with lots of em on it.
There's no need to be recalibrating these before flights.
It won't make your flight any safer.

1st pic.. what i see with the right stick.. last movement was givin back movement.. not front.. anyway the hill there isnt high so no interruption between controller and drone.. connection dropped by the time ship was passing trough.. and then the fall.. theres' when the flight forever ends..

2nd pic.. thats what i see in flight record folder

and 3rd pic.. thats wat i see in the sync folder..

after an app update that i did when i bought my new p3 .. there is no .txt from the day that the accident occured.. it vanished for some odd reason..

whatever has happened im still trying to figure out a possible reason of the fatal error that it gave..

Attachments

• IMG_20201205_224358_1.jpg
    IMG_20201205_224358_1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20201205_224511_.jpg
    IMG_20201205_224511_.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20201205_224751.jpg
    IMG_20201205_224751.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 111
1st pic.. what i see with the right stick.. last movement was givin back movement.. not front.. anyway the hill there isnt high so no interruption between controller and drone.. connection dropped by the time ship was passing trough.. and then the fall.. theres' when the flight forever ends..
Your device has the appropriate flight record somewhere or it would not be able to show what you've got in the 1st pic.

2nd pic.. thats what i see in flight record folder ... after an app update that i did when i bought my new p3 .. there is no .txt from the day that the accident occured.. it vanished for some odd reason..
Are there only 4 flight records in there?
You mentioned the incident was in September but the only records shown in the pic are from November.
whatever has happened im still trying to figure out a possible reason of the fatal error that it gave..
As mentioned i post #3, the error messages you listed indicate a hardware fault.
Something in the IMU stopped working as it should have.
Even with data, it's probably impossible to get more information.

Are there only 4 flight records in there?
You mentioned the incident was in September but the only records shown in the pic are from November.
yes.. thats a verry odd thing and i cannot understand why i cannot see the .txt record from 28/09/20 that accident took place.. even if disconnected.. even if app got updated.. why there is no evidence off the .txt ?? im showing you whatever its inside dji folder..

Even with data, it's probably impossible to get more information. Something in the IMU stopped working as it should have.
i know.. but.. just a sec.. can an imu error and not barometer cause that?? i used to get errors such as "initialisation failed" .. "gyro stuck" .. "acc failed" .. only on start up.. ive changed imu on that drone but errors like these kept on showin up.. that day there was no error messages during startup.. only after some minutes midflight i saw "main controller data error" and "barometer error" .. and then it "activated" the self destruct by free falling..

thought that fc died suddently.. without knowin the cause.. was the new imu that failed?? was the baro?? was the fc?? was everything?? as i can remember props were barely turning.. it didnt tried for a recovery.. it just fell from the sky into the fricking sea while i was holding the left stick up.. never understood why a baro error could show up midflight and really wanna know what do i have to do to prevent something like that in the future..

never understood why a baro error could show up midflight and really wanna know what do i have to do to prevent something like that in the future..
There's not much you can do to prevent a
Random hardware faults of electronic devices are rare and there's not much you can do to prevent them.

Reactions: xrider
There's not much you can do to prevent a
Random hardware faults of electronic devices are rare and there's not much you can do to prevent them.
i had to ask.. because im very scared to fly over water again after what happened.. so there is nothing that i can do to prevent a fatal error like that.. anyway..

thanks for your time.. have a nice day!!! ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20