Barometer / Altitude meter Question

Reaction score
I'm planing a way-point flight around cliffs. Say you take off on a cliff and it's 20 meters above the actual ground and you ascend 10 meters when you fly over the cliff will the bird register that the height has changed from 10 meters to 30 meters or will it still indicate 10 meters in the air? Need to know if i need to compensate when going up the cliff.

My head says it will not change because as i understand the barometer reads the pressure on the takeoff point and uses that as ground level and uses the change to calculate the birds altitude. I'm i right?

It's based on atmospheric pressure at time and location of take-off. Thus all readings are relative to the take-off value.

Reactions: BigAl07
With the current hardware and software on our Phantom3's the world is a flat surface with no hills or trees or buildings what so ever. At the point of takeoff you are at ground Zero and the rest of the flight is relative to that point and only that point. Also keep in mind that it's an "estimation" derived from hobby grade sensors etc so when you're calculating your flights leave a safe margin for error in there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.